[Bug Report] Silent Hill 3 (NTSC-U) game breaking bug in latest nightly qt builds
Photo 
the ntsc version of silent hill 3 now has a bug in which the game and fmvs don't render properly, with the screen being cut in half and only the left side of things being rendered in place of where the full screen should be. Changing settings doesn't fix this, I have tried everything. The european version of the game is unaffected by this bug, as shown in the screenshots

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I can't reproduce this? it's showing the full screen for me.

If you have any better reproduction steps, it would help.

[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-25-2022, 11:31 AM)refraction Wrote: I can't reproduce this? it's showing the full screen for me.

If you have any better reproduction steps, it would help.

there isn't anything I can add to this tbh. I launch the game through the new game list - it ends up like this, if I launch it through start file it still shows up the same. changing settings doesn't help, neither does changing rendering mode. I will try a fresh install of the latest qt version to see if I might have some faulty file and will report back with the results
I have reinstalled the latest version and started the game without adding any of my old files to the new folder and the game renders properly now. it seems there must have been some issue with an old file I pasted over earlier, so it was only a problem on my end. problem solved

ok so the bug reappeared again and I ended up looking through all the settings again and it turns out that having the 'enable no-interlacing patches' option on is what was causing the issue. Turning it off then resetting the emulator and relaunching the game fixes the issue
yep, it looks like a broken no interlacing patch

I've now removed it from future builds (1.7.2809 and onward)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]