[Bug Report] Silent Hill 3 [NTSC-U]
PCSX2 1.5.0 dev-2148-g31400b29c
My emulation settings were a bit modified but then I also tested with the preset of 1 as well as getting rid of all speed hacks.
I think this is a bug, basically whenever I try to use OpenGL it simply won't display anything new. It seems like the game's still running fine otherwise but I've also tried this with a couple of other games as well and the same issue occurs.

I have a 7700k/16GB RAM/ GTX 560 (which supports at least OpenGL 4.6)

Sponsored links

I'll move this to general support for now.

Do you have an issue switching to OpenGL in other games? Make sure your Nvidia drivers are up to date as well.
(03-27-2018, 03:31 AM)CK1 Wrote: Do you have an issue switching to OpenGL in other games? 

As mentioned, yes. My drivers are also updated.
Just to correct you on something, according to Nvidia, your GPU only supports OpenGL 4.1, not 4.6 https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop...ifications

So that considered, it won't support the OpenGL renderer properly, you're better off using the Direct3D 11 renderer
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-27-2018, 03:47 AM)refraction Wrote: Just to correct you on something, according to Nvidia, your GPU only supports OpenGL 4.1, not 4.6 https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop...ifications

So that considered, it won't support the OpenGL renderer properly, you're better off using the Direct3D 11 renderer

I'm not certain as to how OpenGL iterations work but considering this lists GPUs all the way back to the GTX 400 series, I'd suspect that 4.1 is probably just what it officially supported on release but (through software and drivers) gave support for future iterations of OGL.

Edit: Also for what it's worth, I attempted to switch the GPU to using my iGPU (Intel HD 630) and it too gives me the same problem and it has OGL 4.5 support right out of the box.
Intel igpus don't work properly Tongue2

Does dx11 work OK?

(03-27-2018, 04:10 AM)refraction Wrote: Intel igpus don't work properly Tongue2

Does dx11 work OK?

My Intel iGPU does, at least for DX11 (same goes for my graphics card).

For most games, yes- DX11 works fine. One of the issues with it in SH3 and SH4 is that it breaks shadows.

I'm fairly certain it's not a GPU issue- as shown in the video I initially linked, even OGL software mode doesn't work.
For anyone who may see this in the future- I fixed the issue by using the latest build off of EmuCR.
Why did you get it from EmuCR and not our official repository?

We don't provide support for EmuCR builds.

(03-27-2018, 10:20 PM)refraction Wrote: Why did you get it from EmuCR and not our official repository?

We don't provide support for EmuCR builds.
Because I don't only use PCSX2. I use many emulators and EmuCR is good by having the latest repositories for many emulators.