Resolved: [Bug Report] Suikoden 3 [NTSC-U]
# PCSX2 version: MacBook Pro MacOS Ventura 13.4.1 latest Nightly Build v1.7.4726 (Thursday, July 13th 2023)
# CPU options: All defaults, Enable MTVU, Enable VU1, Enable Fast CDVD
# Plugins used: Metal
# Description: On Hugo Chapter 1 after delivering the letter in Vinay del Zexay, you sleep at the inn, then at night were attacked by 4 Zexen soldiers. Before going into battle with them, the screen turns white & PCX2 shutting down suddenly.

It's similar to my previous Final Fantasy X-2 bug report which already resolved now.
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Resolved...ALL-REGION

But I think I have the current workaround for this bug.

By changing the Graphic Renderer to Vulkan or Software; PCSX2 didn't shutdown & the game continue properly.

So I guess it has something to do with the Metal renderer?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

New update after nearly two months, I already finished the game long time ago before the fixes with Software mode for the workaround.

Before, the game has several sudden PCSX2 shutdowns because of the white screen just like I've mentioned above & some suddenly shutting down just walking into another area with no white screens at all.

For curiosity, I've started new game recently & get into the cut-scene above where the first white screen shutting down occurs.

I am happy to say the PCSX2 updates has finally fixed/resolve the problem, the screen goes smoothly like nothing happens, so I assume that too for the rest of the game.

Thank you for reading & sorry for the late update.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go