[Bug Report] Tekken 5 - Tekken 1 [PAL]
# PCSX2 version: Recent 32-bit GIT build (built on June 8th) running on Windows 10
# CPU options: EE/IOP defaults, VUs defaults (cycled through each EE and VU options in isolation with no effect). Speedhacks off, but they have no impact on the problem anyway.
# Plugins used:GSdx 20170605011241 1.1.0, SPU2-X 20170605011241 2.0.0
# Description: Aside from some nasty screen effect upscaling issues, the main game and Devil Within work fine. The issue is with the version of Tekken 1 in the Arcade History section. The game itself is playable but there are at least two cosmetic problems: the Namco logo video(?) does not play (sound and some odd graphics but no logo), and the character portraits are missing from the character select screen. Garbage may appear in their place for ~1 frame when the select screen first appears. The problem appears to be independent of which GSdx backend is chosen or whether software or hardware modes are used. Screenshot attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Have you got the SkipMpeg gamefix enabled??

and are you sure that's Tekken 5? That looks more like Tekken 1 or 3 to me
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-20-2017, 08:38 PM)refraction Wrote: Have you got the SkipMpeg gamefix enabled??

and are you sure that's Tekken 5? That looks more like Tekken 1 or 3 to me

No, and it's the emulated (?) version of Tekken 1 that's included with Tekken 5. It includes the arcade versions of Tekken 1-3 + Starblade. Tekken 2+3 and Starblade seem to work fine.
That makes more sense. So does the Namco logo have sound on the main game (Tekken 5)? Or is it just the emulated versions it has trouble with?

Everything seems fine in the main game, it's just that version of Tekken 1 that has some issues. Not my video but you can see the game running on actual hardware here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV1W6ODhfzw

If you watch that video, at 1:09 you'll see the Namco logo form and a sound effect plays as a kind of sheen passes over it. In PCSX2, all you see is what is in this screenshot. It moves across the screen as that sheen would.

I was wondering, could this be using the PS1 compatibility features of the PS2 in some way? I know they're not yet ready for prime time in PCSX2.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I suspect the Tekken 1 might be using the emulation that is part of the PS2, which doesn't work properly on PCSX2 quite yet... I'd be curious to see your emulog.txt after you've run the game though!

Here we go. This is my emulog after starting Tekken 5, switching to 60Hz mode, and playing through Tekken 1. The game played fine except for the mentioned problems, and a minor graphic glitch where certain graphic layers (e.g. the character vs character screen, the end credits background image) aren't the full screen height. Not a big issue, although it looked pretty ugly in the credits as the scrolling credits left after-images in the gap where the background wasn't drawn.

Attached Files
.zip   emuLog.zip (Size: 71,52 KB / Downloads: 175)
Hmm, looks like it uses the PS1 driver, so it quite possibly is using some of the built in PS1 emulation, but just bits it wants to, rather than going full PS1. But yeh, the glitches could be due to that incomplete emulation

(06-20-2017, 08:41 PM)Silanda Wrote: No, and it's the emulated (?) version of Tekken 1 that's included with Tekken 5. It includes the arcade versions of Tekken 1-3 + Starblade. Tekken 2+3 and Starblade seem to work fine.

This Issue Never Happens In PSX Version of Tekken, All Character's Portrait Is Already There, I Saw Wild Card For Unknown Reasons To Select It (Possibly Random Select May Planned In Tekken 1-3?, Until Tekken 4 Onwards)