GS - Hardware mode: [Bug Report] The King of Fighters '94 Re-Bout [NTSC-J]
PCSX2 Version: 1.5.0-dev-2218
CPU options: Default (and any other variant)

Plugin used: GSdx (GCC 7.2.0 AVX2/AVX2) 1.1.0 [libGSdx]  OPENGL Software

GPU: GTX 680

Character portraits have the wrong priority in battle - they get obscured by the energy/power bar when they should be completely visible.  Same problem in both hardware/software.

Attached is GS dump, game's CRC is : E64F90E5

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   KOF94_portrait_error.zip (Size: 1,56 MB / Downloads: 277)
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma

Sponsored links

(11-19-2017, 04:58 AM)Nijohc Wrote: PCSX2 Version: 1.5.0-dev-2218
CPU options: Default (and any other variant)

Plugin used: GSdx (GCC 7.2.0 AVX2/AVX2) 1.1.0 [libGSdx]  OPENGL Software

GPU: GTX 680

Character portraits have the wrong priority in battle - they get obscured by the energy/power bar when they should be completely visible.  Same problem in both hardware/software.

Attached is GS dump, game's CRC is : E64F90E5

Also, an additional error I didn't notice at first but checked due to the other bug report is the backgrounds.  Some of them are OK but some have massive errors on them, like the guy in the other report said looks like Z-fighting issue maybe?  Attached a GS dump, if you look at the buildings in the background it's evident.

Attached Files
.zip   KOF94_BG_Error.zip (Size: 1,58 MB / Downloads: 212)
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma
Might be worth checking with ZeroGS.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
The bug's been around for a long time, earlier I closed an older report in favor of this one because it's newer.
I'd also like to reiterate that the 3D backgrounds have big issues in this game. Polygons appearing and disappearing, massive Z-issues, etc. All of the 2D KoF games suffer from this in PCSX2, but this one probably suffers the worst. The Brazil stage where you're flying on a platform (?) is a completely broken mess.
It can be a rounding/clamping issue, a game (Everybody's tennis) have a very similar issue wich is fixed with EE rounding. Can you try some EE/IOP and/or VUs clamp/round value?
(12-30-2017, 08:39 PM)Atomic83 Wrote: It can be a rounding/clamping issue, a game (Everybody's tennis) have a very similar issue wich is fixed with EE rounding. Can you try some EE/IOP and/or VUs clamp/round value?

That can subtly alter the look of the background issues, but it doesn't fix them. It does nothing for character portrait issues.
Still an issue on v1.7.5299 on hardware renderers, issue is depth precision.

Software renderer works properly now.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5