[Bug Report] Vertex stretching in Ratchet & Clank 2 while EE set to 130%
Hello,

As you may know, the game tends to lock itself to 30(NTSC) or 25(PAL) fps when things get messy. Setting EE cycle rate to 130% helps a lot with internal slowdowns, and reduces the internal FPS changes. But even 130% can cause crashes, and the game refuses to boot and locks up the emulator itself (version 1.7) when EE cycle rate is higher than 130%, which wasn't the case before (in 1.5 or 1.6)

My main issue is the vertex stretching as shown below, 90% of the times vertices lock themselves to some specific positions when EE cycle rate is set to 130%, and rarely happens when EE is at 100%
As you can see, lower eyelid stretches towards center of Ratchet's eye, a vertex on his hand goes to his chin, and another one stretches from tail to hand.

Note: This happens with any Renderer, even with software emulation.

EDIT: It can also happen while EE is set to 100%, but it is very rare.

[Image: image.png]

Specs:
CPU: i7-10700F
GPU: RTX2060
RAM: 32GB

PCSX2: v1.7.3942 (Mon Jan 23 09:47:19 2023)

Thank you for reading!

Sponsored links

moved out of bug reports since the use of a hack doesn't qualify as a bug
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-23-2023, 04:07 PM)jesalvein Wrote: moved out of bug reports since the use of a hack doesn't qualify as a bug

I forgot to mention, this also happens (rarely) while running EE at 100%, but almost guaranteed with 130%. I loaded to the last level looking like this and EE was at 100%. Toggling it to 130% and back to 100% fixed the issue. It rarely happens, but still should be counted as a bug in my opinion. Editing the main post to specify the issue.
please provide an emulog.txt after you got the error with all default settings
(01-23-2023, 07:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: please provide an emulog.txt after you got the error with all default settings

I'll try to replicate the issue, can you point out where can i find the log file? The log folder in PCSX2's directory is empty all the time.
[Image: 1674500321-snap-screen-20230123195826.png]
I actually have the exact same issue. It seems that setting EE to 130% makes it permanent, but when I have it set to just default values on everything like EE at 100% it just appears to flicker with those same stretch vertices instead. I even recorded a video for the issue and slowed it down thinking it was my eyes but nope its just flickering instead of permanent.

I think it should be considered a bug since it appears at EE 100% too, just not as permanent and just flickers instead.
Ratchet doesn't respond well to overclocking the EE in 1.7, but the game should run fine at 100%.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-30-2023, 02:47 AM)refraction Wrote: Ratchet doesn't respond well to overclocking the EE in 1.7, but the game should run fine at 100%.

Sorry that was a mess of a comment I made before. I have noticed that at 100% it still occurs but instead of permanently being like OPs it instead flickers to that. I have a video of it to show it off if you wanted to see that.
Please, we need to know about that.

You can also try enabling the "Full VU0 Synchronization" Gamefix, I suspect that'll make it go away, but it will be a chunky speed hit. This requires you to enable Advanced Settings under the Tools menu first.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]