[Bug Report] Vertex stretching in Ratchet & Clank 2 while EE set to 130%
Also a savestate from the point in the game it happens on the latest nightly build would be extra cool
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(01-31-2023, 05:23 PM)refraction Wrote: Please, we need to know about that.

You can also try enabling the "Full VU0 Synchronization" Gamefix, I suspect that'll make it go away, but it will be a chunky speed hit. This requires you to enable Advanced Settings under the Tools menu first.

I enabled advanced settings however there is no option called "Full VU0 Synchronization" from what I can see. Disabling VU0 Recompiler (Micro Mode) appears to fix the issue, it also does give a massive hit to speed.

Edit: Also I try to upload a savestate to here but its 2.16mb and it appears the cap is 2.1mb for the forums :|

https:// drive.google.com/file/d/1yIaFq3dmqC6j4ZHRaASp0rC5rxzQnVWE/view?usp=share_link (Remove space after // )
where does the glitching happen? I'm not seeing it in your savestate, which makes me wonder if you've messed with some settings causing it. I only get a spike if I overclock the EE.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-03-2023, 05:07 PM)refraction Wrote: where does the glitching happen? I'm not seeing it in your savestate, which makes me wonder if you've messed with some settings causing it. I only get a spike if I overclock the EE.

Downloaded and tried all three different nightlies, used save state and no save state and all of them had the same issue. Touched NOTHING with none of them except for automatic mapping for my Dualshock 4 controller. It all appears on Ratchet, everything else seems to mostly be fine. I'm trying my best to help you replicate the issue but I legit don't know any better way than literally setting everything to default to see if it was a mistake on my end. 

Sorry about that but I just don't know how else to replicate it since it appears for me even on default settings Sad

Edit: Maybe the best way to replicate it would be to play the prologue mission yourself without the use of a save state, thats the only other thing I could think of rn.
Unfortunately, this glitching is very random and sometimes disappears when you reboot.

Mingdug, to enable Full VU0 Synchronization; click on "Tool" that's located at the top, then check the "Show Advanced Settings" checkbox, then you have to right click to the game and select "Properties..." from there, select the "Game Fix" tab and enable Full VU0 Synchronization.

I didn't noticed a serious performance drop and it actually allowed me to overclock the EE to 130% without any visual glitches. Overclocking EE allowed me to partially get rid of internal slowdowns, which improves overall gameplay experience. But i wish there was a better option to do all this.

I have a question; how much performance impact should i expect from Full VU0 Synchronization?
(02-08-2023, 04:48 PM)Takahama Wrote: Unfortunately, this glitching is very random and sometimes disappears when you reboot.

Mingdug, to enable Full VU0 Synchronization; click on "Tool" that's located at the top, then check the "Show Advanced Settings" checkbox, then you have to right click to the game and select "Properties..." from there, select the "Game Fix" tab and enable Full VU0 Synchronization.

I didn't noticed a serious performance drop and it actually allowed me to overclock the EE to 130% without any visual glitches. Overclocking EE allowed me to partially get rid of internal slowdowns, which improves overall gameplay experience. But i wish there was a better option to do all this.

I have a question; how much performance impact should i expect from Full VU0 Synchronization?

Ok well that actually did solve the issue so thanks for that. As for the performance impact I think its more of a warning if you have a lower-end system.