[Bug Report] WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006 [NTSC-U] finisher matrix-effect bug
Hello dear PCSX2-Team,

i have found a very graphically bug in this game. Here the correct informations (the rest is in my description):

Game: WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006 [NTSC-U] (SLUS_212.86 / CRC = 74EB4E40)
PCSX2-Version: PCSX2 Nightly - v1.7.2133

If you use this particular method of a finisher, the current events is normally shown in slow motion and black-white with borders. In PCSX2 it is currently still buggy in hardware mode and in software mode with all the default settings and/or custom settings. A comparison is attached.

Left image: Software mode
Right image: Hardware mode

Oh, and i still have one question about my first bug report ([Bug Report] Various games crash at the latest dev builds). In that post, i reported in passing about another graphical bug affecting the widescreen code of WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007 (SLUS_214.27 / CRC = 9D5AC274). Should i make an extra post out of it? Because this graphical bug from The Undertaker's entrance in widescreen still exists.

Well then, i wish you all the best. Guys, you are just awesome! Honestly. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

We don't care about widescreen only bugs since they are user patches and not ours to maintain. If you have an issue with widescreen, please take those up with the author of the widescreen patch, probably in this thread: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wi...me-Patches.

As for the finisher, I presume both are wrong? I'm guessing it's just supposed to be black and white without any lines or anything?

Can you make a GSDump for us when it happens and upload it here. There's a guide on how to make one here: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-c...er-GS-dump
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Hello refraction,

yes, both versions are wrong. Actually, there should not be any lines or anything there. Just a black and white slow motion sequence with these borders. 

Now to the upload. I uploaded two different files at file-upload.net and even had these files compressed again (only for the upload itself), is that okay? One file is a multi-frame GSDump and the other file is a single-frame GSDump (i better used both ways).

File 1: The multi-frame GSDump https://www.file-upload.net/download-147...i.rar.html
File 2: The single-frame GSDump https://www.file-upload.net/download-147...2.rar.html

I think that i have done it right. If not, or if you need anything else, please tell. Good luck! Smile

~A quick edit~ I forgot to rename the gs files in something meaningful. Excuse me please...
Seems like this bug is similar to bug related to Hollywood Hulk Hogan entrance in these games.
Hello prafull,

that is right, you know your stuff. I have just tested Hollywood Hogan's entrance in WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006 and this bug is very similar to the finishers with that matrix-effect. In the PlayStation 2 series there are only WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth and WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006 with the Hollywood Hogan version and the first game does not have this screen effect yet. I will keep my eyes open for more graphical bugs.

BUT one thing after the other. Slow and steady wins the race. Take your time please.  Happy
Your multi frame dump is only a single frame, not a multi frame, can you try that one again?

Your dump seems fine in software mode on the latest development builds to me, can you make sure Auto Flush, Mipmapping and Edge Anti-aliasing are enabled for software mode.

as for hardware mode, set Mip-Mapping to "Basic" and it should fix it.

Well, i was sure that i kept CTRL + SHIFT + F8 pressed during the scene. If i use the software mode, Auto Flush, Mip-Mapping and Edge Antialiasing are always enabled. Okay, i have tried it again with the multi-frame GSDump. First, just before the graphical bug started, i pressed and held CTRL, then SHIFT, then F8 in that order. When the buggy scene was over, i released all the keys and closed the emulator. Actually, i followed the instructions in it. Now i have again a huge file and will upload them.

The hopefully successful multi-frame GSDump: https://www.file-upload.net/download-147...g.rar.html

If it did not work again, do not worry. I am sure that we will find a solution together.

Before i think i have found a graphical bug, i first test all possible settings (also the Mip-Mapping feature). And if this does not fix it, i turn to you. Well then, good luck again!  Biggrin
Apologies, it seemed to fix the single frame but it doesn't work with the multiframe, you're right.

however, I can't reproduce the software mode problems, it looks fine here

[Image: attachment.php?aid=74401]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Then something small but crucial must be wrong with my settings in my pc or pcsx2. All drivers and updates are always up to date. And yeah, at the moment i can't think of anything else to say about it. Does the hardware mode still look like mine? We (or better said i) will definitely find the real problem for the software mode. Just stay cool because it seems to be just a small graphical hardware bug. Laugh
well your original one looked very wide, perhaps it's a widescreen patch you are using?