[Bug Report] Xenosaga 3 [NTSC-U] - DVD2
# PCSX2 version: Official v0.9.6 release
# CPU options: EErec on, VUrec0 and VUrec1 on, MTGS on
# Plugins used: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14 (software, dx10) and GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.14 (software, dx10)
# Description: PCSX2 Crash only using GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.14 (software, dx10) if the enemy uses the laser during the battle, with SSE2 Plugin work ok.

Hi Guys, I've played Xenosaga 3 in the console to the end and now (after 2 years) decided to complete again using the emulator. The point is I've tried various settings and nothing makes that hardware is on a constant speed (50fps to say the least I'd be happier). So I've tried various settings and finally I decided to keep on software (it is ugly and shows less color, but at least it is fast between 45-60FPS). I figured that if I use SSE41 I get about 5 FPS, but it crashes during a battle if the enemy uses a skill that shoots a laser and if I switch to SSE2 it will not freeze. I feel that my duty is to report bugs, since I can not shake directly in the code I try to help reporting problems that appear, this is my first post. Already searched the 14 pages about Xenosaga 3 and found nothing similar.
My processor has 8 cores with 4 physical and 4 logical and I've tested it with SW. rend threads from 4 to 7 and using any crashes.

If anyone needs, I have a copy of the battle savestate before the crashes using SSE41 and also the memory card.

Sponsored links

It seems a very specific freeze, did you try with the latest beta?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

Savestates are usually not very helpful since whatever error you have might already be in the savestate, a memcard would probably help tho and for that matter did you try from a mecard save and no save states?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
LOL
Happened again but now using SSE2 (Software/Dx10)

Before the crash
[Image: beforecrash.jpg]

Crash
[Image: crashgo.jpg]

Nome do Evento de Problema: APPCRASH
Nome do Aplicativo: pcsx2 0.9.6.exe
Versão do Aplicativo: 0.0.0.0
Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo: 49a77286
Nome do Módulo de Falhas: GSdx-sse2.dll
Versão do Módulo de Falhas: 1.0.1.9
Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas: 496bc509
Código de Exceção: c0000005
Deslocamento de Exceção: 00082224
Versão do sistema operacional: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Identificação da Localidade: 1046
Informações Adicionais 1: 0a9e
Informações Adicionais 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Informações Adicionais 3: 0a9e
Informações Adicionais 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
(11-19-2010, 03:06 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: It seems a very specific freeze, did you try with the latest beta?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

Savestates are usually not very helpful since whatever error you have might already be in the savestate, a memcard would probably help tho and for that matter did you try from a mecard save and no save states?

@Shadow Lady
I really have not tested the beta. Should I test using the beta?

I'll reload the memory card, test and post again
---
Tested again (reloaded from memory card) using SSE2 Software / DX10
Crash again Sad
[Image: crashsse2.jpg]
Oh Ma'an!
I tried with PCSX2 0.9.7 beta r3878 with SSE 41 Software / Dx 11 and it worked very well, at least I can see all colors in this beta using software and no crash during laser beam.

Just a little question, the stable version not will be fixed? All efforts will be to the beta?

Should this topic be closed?
The 0.9.6 stable is over a year and a half old, slower and less compatible The current beta is well... pretty stable but missing some features.
You're better off with the beta, we always recommend it too.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Use DX10 Hardware mode, it is faster, even with your weak card. You might want to check native though.
Also, enable 8-Bit textures, it helps Xenosaga II and III
Set all clamping settings to normal, enable only the recommended speed hacks.
With this config, I could play through Xenosaga III with no problems at all. I used the older Beta r3113.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU
(11-20-2010, 12:24 PM)SamSoNight Wrote: Use DX10 Hardware mode, it is faster, even with your weak card. You might want to check native though.
Also, enable 8-Bit textures, it helps Xenosaga II and III
Set all clamping settings to normal, enable only the recommended speed hacks.
With this config, I could play through Xenosaga III with no problems at all. I used the older Beta r3113.

With this last beta I can to play well using hardware native but dx11 except in some parts that I need to change back to software. By software I can see only some pixelate effect but all colors are there, different from the stable version.
I'll try with 8-bit trick, thank you.
What do you mean? Where do you need to use software? I did not notice any missing or glitched graphics, only the occasional problem with the darkened screen at some places.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU
(11-20-2010, 02:52 PM)SamSoNight Wrote: What do you mean? Where do you need to use software? I did not notice any missing or glitched graphics, only the occasional problem with the darkened screen at some places.
Yes, occasional darkned screen happen with me too using hardware.

I need to use by software most of time because my graphical board is weak (HD5450 - 1GB - Sapphire), using hardware, the FPS is between 25-50fps causing slow motion in the battle or when the camera get a far distance and by software is 50-60fps constant, I tried a lot of different configurations (all using native because more than native is very more slow) and the battles with far distance like using E.S robots, when I use Anima Awakening or I walk in a map that camera get far (happens many times during the game) is very slow like 12fps.

I got a bit improvement if I use SSE41 and 8bit-textures (around 5 fps) I could try others configurations but I don't know what the options as 'Shyncronised MTGS' VU0, VU1, EE/IOP. So Im using the default values.

Any suggestion to get between 50-60fps in this game using hardware?

I think if this topic walk in this direction it should be moved to the other section, I thought initially to have found a bug.

thank you
I got this game and I never experience this kind of problem... Could it be your iso that is damaged, Did your check if your disc is scrached or something
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]