[Bug Report] .hack Infection Pal
pcsx2 0.9.7, svn 2064, all configurations, new gui only:

the game is very slow if i zoom the camera in or a character from the game will drawn zoomed in. the log window displays the message "Ignoring Unmapped GIFtag Register, Index = ee". the problem is the output to the log window, them is very very slow and the game goes down to 5 - 10 fps by me (a result from spamming the log message). temporary i have changed the code in the GIFpath.cpp from

static void __fastcall RegHandlerUNMAPPED(const u32* data)
{
const int regidx = ((u8*)data)[8];

// Known "unknowns":
// the bios likes to write to 0x7f using an EOP giftag with NLOOP set to 4.
// Not sure what it's trying to accomplish exactly. Ignoring seems to work fine.

if( regidx != 0x7f )
Console.Notice( "Ignoring Unmapped GIFtag Register, Index = %02x", regidx );
}

to

int lastregidx = 0x7f;
static void __fastcall RegHandlerUNMAPPED(const u32* data)
{
const int regidx = ((u8*)data)[8];

// Known "unknowns":
// the bios likes to write to 0x7f using an EOP giftag with NLOOP set to 4.
// Not sure what it's trying to accomplish exactly. Ignoring seems to work fine.

if( regidx != 0x7f && regidx != lastregidx )
{
Console.Notice( "Ignoring Unmapped GIFtag Register, Index = %02x", regidx );
lastregidx = regidx;
}
}

and so stops the log spam. is it not the best way, i think a better way is a array that hold the found unmapped register and stops the spamming of all unhandled register by logging them once (i check the last found register only).

cu deathcore

Sponsored links

For now I'd rather they spam the console. I'm trying to find any potential causes of error via unmapped registers. But so far they're just uninitialized data or intentional NOPs. The entire check will likely be removed when PCSX2 0.9.7 is ready for beta.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Fixed in r2076.
Thanks,closing!
[Image: newsig.jpg]