[Bug] Sstate corruption bug
# PCSX2 version: PCSX2 0.9.7.r3876
# CPU options: default
# Plugins used: GSdx 3693
# Description: Game freezes when sstate is loading after save.

Log: Trap exception at 0x006905e0
Game: Dot HackG.U. Vol3 Redemption

Guys, seriously, why dont you implement a backup of sstate, then saving? I'm not the first time running into this error with sstate, and it angers me very much. Angry
Based on the size of the sstate file (14562989 instead of 15xxxxxx bytes), it just did not finish save completely. Why?

Sponsored links

savestates have always been unstable, unfortunately.
AFAIK, merely because of plugins

It's not recommended to rely on them, but use classic save points
I remember using savestaes with PS1 emulation.
A lot of them crashed.

moved to general discussion
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
How about adding backuping for overwrited sstates? This may solve problems such as mine.
you can try make a new folder as backup inside the sstates folder and use the copy-paste function.
make sure you know the CRC of that game.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(11-19-2010, 02:43 PM)tallbender Wrote: you can try make a new folder as backup inside the sstates folder and use the copy-paste function.
make sure you know the CRC of that game.

No, I meant to add this feature in next build as automatic backup. You never know when a failure in save occurs, so it makes no sense to do it manually.
devs don't take requests.
but as this is an open source project, you can bring your piece of code at http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Savestates not writing out correctly is not a common problem.
There's a lot of safeguards in place for that and I wonder indeed how you manage to break it ><
Could be system instability but anyways as mentioned before relying in savestates all the time is not a good practice to begin with (I do agree with a backup for last savestate overwritten tho) Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-19-2010, 05:44 PM)jesalvein Wrote: devs don't take requests.
but as this is an open source project, you can bring your piece of code at http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/

I dont think, that renamеing old file into filename.bak, before writing new one is need huge pice of code. Tongue
But, if devs dont take requests and dont pay attention to this problem, this thread is useless.
(11-19-2010, 05:51 PM)rama Wrote: Savestates not writing out correctly is not a common problem.
There's a lot of safeguards in place for that and I wonder indeed how you manage to break it ><

Just load my sstate in 5-8 seconds after save, lol. ^_^
Not the first time, nor the last, I think.