[Bug] Tekken 5 - Jinpachi not fully functional.
(09-29-2021, 10:11 PM)taclicop Wrote: the reason why jinpachi isn't working properly is because there are 2 opcodes values that are connected to the selected player pointer address 203A8B12 which you haven't disabled ( which is called NOP opcode) before changing your selecteed player value to jinpatchi. And the address to those 2 opcodes aren't static, they change every time you restart the game. Simply changing your selected player value to jinpatchi without NOP those 2 opcodes  causes those glitches you mentioned.

So what you need to do is select a character in story mode, then while the narration is going on disable the top 2 OPcodes values that writes to Address 203A8B12 BEFORE the narration is over. You can watch the video I linked for how to do it. Afterwards change the selected player value to jinpachi. Then jinpachi should work fine in all modes. 

Which is why making that Pnatch files isn't going to work, I first need to figure out a way to create a pointer that points to those 2 opcodes so i dont have to manually NOP those 2 address, otherwise you're just going to experience the same issues. i havent been able to figure out how to do that yet, been trying for weeks.

Oh, so that's the reason!
Well, I'll see what I can do, I wanted to make a T5 Jinpachi TAS like Maina Highway did, but for now it's out of question I see...

If you got any update, please share them, 'cause I'm working on this too.

Sponsored links