[Bug] Tekken 5 - Jinpachi not fully functional.
PCSX2-rr is Vaser's fork, he is currently adding TAS stuff to the main repo (along with sonicfind) on the devbuilds.

Sponsored links

Still a fork,though. We can't support it
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ok, but let's not get off topic.
Speaking of Jinpachi's broken moves, is there any news or way to fix them?
Did you try other confirmed to be working cheats for it? Because that's probably the culprit as said before.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I tried other cheat codes and they either don't work entirely or show the exact same problem.

I really can't tell if there's some "secret" cheat code to have a fully functional Jinpachi, or you need a specific .pnach file along with it, or it's just an emulation's setting in particular that has to be changed.

Although, I found out that if you enable Jinpachi cheat, select a character (let's say Jin) and then select the same character as your opponent, your CPU opponent will have the "shape" of the character you select, but his stand and his movepool will be Jinpachi's ones. He will be also able to spit the fireball freely, and you will be more likely to be able to use it too.
So, maybe, it's a special button combination? I really don't know.
Late reply, but I have the solution to your problem, which is caused by parts of some values writing to the selected player not being set to null, when you use 3rd party software to change character.

First download Cheat Engine, then load the Tekken 5 PCSX2 process inside Cheat Engine by clicking the desktop logo that says "select a process to open" when highlighted. Now click on the "Windows" tab inside the process list and the PCsx2 process with a very long title.

After loading T5 inside Cheat Engine, click on "Add address manually" and add this address: 203A8B12 
This address is the address assigned to the selected player. The value-type doesn't matter, but set it to be a Byte so that it's easier to read.

Now right click on the 203A8B12 address and click "find out what writes to this address" and open the debugger.
There shouldn't be any addresses or values at this point, it should just be empty.

Now go to story mode and select any character. While the story narration is playing, you will now see 4 or more lines of opcodes inside the Debugger.
Click "Replace" on the first 2 OPcodes.

This makes it so your selected player never gets reset and player 2 isn't always the same character as you + Jinpatchi can work properly now.

Now exit the debugger, go back to the 203A8B12 record, change the value of the address by double clicking on the value right under the "Value" tab.

Change it to either 75,76,77 or 78 to play as Jinpatchi (79 to play as Tetsujin!). Now when you select any character in any mode, you play as Jinpachi, until you change the value assigned to address 203A8B12.

If my instructions are too crappy, watch the video below, but note, you dont actually have to do everything he does at the start with the whole practise thing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMp6x3vRjb4
Hi, thanks for the reply.
I've done this but I think I did something wrong: now Jinpachi can be activated through Cheat Engine, but not only the fireball still doesn't work, now he also passes through objects and opponents, with hilarious results.

Sice you managed to get a fully functional Jinpachi, can't you just make a .pnach file to add to PCSX2, ideally for both versions of Tekken 5 (NTSC & PAL)?
Thanks.
(09-25-2021, 06:11 PM)Dr. Doppietta Wrote: Hi, thanks for the reply.
I've done this but I think I did something wrong: now Jinpachi can be activated through Cheat Engine, but not only the fireball still doesn't work, now he also passes through objects and opponents, with hilarious results.

Sice you managed to get a fully functional Jinpachi, can't you just make a .pnach file to add to PCSX2, ideally for both versions of Tekken 5 (NTSC & PAL)?
Thanks.

dont know how to do that but i can try
Video 
It's quite easy, actually.

Open a .txt file, write in it "patch=1,EE,[ADDRESS],byte,[VALUE]", add those things, then save the .txt file with the name of the game's CRC code (you can find it in PCSX2 console window), lastly change its extension to ".pnach".

You can also add other lines, like "gametitle=[NAME]", or "//" at the beginning of a line to leave a comment, or to deactivate your cheat.
Once the .pnach file is ready, put it inside the PCSX2 "Cheats" folder, be sure there are no "//" before the command line, then run PCSX2 with cheats enabled ("System" > "Enable Cheats"). Test it out with your current ISO and, if it works without problems*, it means you did it correctly.

*By "without problems", I mean at least one of these things:
1) Jinpachi can't pass through walls, objects and even opponent character.
2) Jinpachi can use his Fireball attack (press 1+2, or Triangle + Square) everytime. And it works properly, so the animation plays out, the fireball is visible and deals damage.
3) If you select a character that gets substituted by Jinpachi, and then choose him as your opponent, you're gonna end with Jinpachi, while P2 actually has the normal character.
4) You can use Jinpachi in every mode.
5) If you use Jinpachi in Story Mode, you'll actually get to play against Paul at the end of it.

In this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me3ekzUWT8Q
you can see TMM using a fully playable, perfectly fine Jinpachi. He didn't share his code, nor the way he got him. I'm trying to get it done the same way, but both .pnach files and Cheat Engine can't seem to accomplish what he did.

EDIT: Watch this too, it seems to work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxqDZo-426w
After a second watch, I think THIS is the best, most functional Jinpachi code.
the reason why jinpachi isn't working properly is because there are 2 opcodes values that are connected to the selected player pointer address 203A8B12 which you haven't disabled ( which is called NOP opcode) before changing your selecteed player value to jinpatchi. And the address to those 2 opcodes aren't static, they change every time you restart the game. Simply changing your selected player value to jinpatchi without NOP those 2 opcodes causes those glitches you mentioned.

So what you need to do is select a character in story mode, then while the narration is going on disable the top 2 OPcodes values that writes to Address 203A8B12 BEFORE the narration is over. You can watch the video I linked for how to do it. Afterwards change the selected player value to jinpachi. Then jinpachi should work fine in all modes.

Which is why making that Pnatch files isn't going to work, I first need to figure out a way to create a pointer that points to those 2 opcodes so i dont have to manually NOP those 2 address, otherwise you're just going to experience the same issues. i havent been able to figure out how to do that yet, been trying for weeks.