[Bug] Tekken 5 - Jinpachi not fully functional.
Hello, I'm new here.
I searched for "Jinpachi" and didn't found anything so I made a new thread. Mods ofc are free to move this thread or redirect me to the right place if they see it fits.

Anyway, about my problem...
I've been playing Tekken 5 (US ver) for a little while and decided to try playing as Jinpachi, the last boss of the game.
Since he's not available by any normal means, I had to resort using cheat codes.

I tried using Cheat Engine at first and snatching addresses by GameHacking dot org, but nothing worked.
Then, I went on a wild search around Youtube and I got the code line I had to add to my cheat .pnach file to always play as Jinpachi: "patch=1,EE,003A8B12,byte,00000004B", where 4X indicates the costume Jinpachi uses (4B demon costume 1, 4C demon 2, 4D human 1 and 4E human 2).

Now I can play as demon Jinpachi, but many strange things happen:
1) Jinpachi's Fireball attack (1+2) doesn't work. He does the start of the animation, but then nothing happens. No fireball is spit, no damage is dealt and no sound is played.
2) Jinpachi's laugh sound like cut off short and his audio cues at the start and at the end of a round are silent. Even when he clearly speaks because he moves his mouth and subtitles appear.
3) Some rare times, Jinpachi's fireball will happen, but it's even weirder: it has no sound, no visual rendering, and the ball hits the opponent istantly, instead of traveling across the area. Also the damage for some reason is inconsistant and the flame effect can or cannot appear.
4) His movepool in training mode is empty and other many little things I noticed while playing, like his orange shaders/lighting effects being absent, but now I forgot.

At first, I thought these were some side-effects of the .pnach code, maybe because Jinpachi wasn't meant to be playable in the first place... I also checked again on Youtube and found several videos where these things happened, I even found a guy in the comments giving in-depth details about other bugs he found.
But then I found TWO videos on Youtube where Jinpachi worked perfectly fine. Fireball always works, audio cues are fine, light effects are alright, ect... but the owners of the video won't answer to me.

So I came here looking for infos and help. I hope you can shed some light on this.

My PC specs are in my profile (they should, I've edited it), while my PCSX2 specs are:
* PCSX2-rr ver 1.4.0 (I'm a TASer so I need this ver, I don't use 1.6.0)
* Emulation speed - 3 (Balanced)
* GS Plugin - GSdx 20201202200002 (MSVC 19.26 AVX2/AVX2) 1.2.0 [GSdx32-AVX2 (2)]
** IntRes: x4
** Align Sprites hack on
* Audio plugin - SPU2-X 20191206201328 2.0.0 [Spu2-X]
* MTVU on

I hope I've given y'all enough data, in case feel free to ask more details.

Sponsored links

Quote: PCSX2-rr ver 1.4.0
what is this "-rr" ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-12-2021, 04:39 PM)jesalvein Wrote: what is this "-rr" ?

It should stand for Reload & Replay, or something like that.
It's the PCSX2 version that features TASing Tools, the ones used to make Tool Assisted Speedrun/Superplay videos, like I do.
ok. you're on your own then.
we support only official versions
(03-12-2021, 08:10 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ok. you're on your own then.
we support only official versions

Ok, but know that these issues are the same on every version, so don't be fooled into thinking it's only my problem.
Also, PCSX2-rr 1.4.0 is literally the same of classic PCSX2 1.4.0, only with TASing Tools added. So it's not like a mod or anything "unofficial".
did you get it from pcsx2.net website ?
(03-13-2021, 12:21 AM)Dr. Doppietta Wrote: Ok, but know that these issues are the same on every version, so don't be fooled into thinking it's only my problem.
Also, PCSX2-rr 1.4.0 is literally the same of classic PCSX2 1.4.0, only with TASing Tools added. So it's not like a mod or anything "unofficial".

Start by using 1.6.0, TAS tools have long since been integrated into official builds. About your problem, sounds like its either caused by your cheat codes? Tried finding confirmed to be working cheats to enable that character?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hello.
I can't quote both your comments in one go (I'm sure it can be done like on other forums, but I'm not used to this one), so I'll reply here.

@jesalvein
I got it from the PCSX2 GitHub repository, or whatever is it called. It was around in one of those featured links on the upper right.
I didn't know you had an "official" GitHub and the other were like "unofficial". Sorry.

@Bositman
Really man?! I heard rumors about it, but I thought it was a joke! I'm now currently browsing your release page: https://pcsx2.net/download/releases/windows.html
Do all of the versions featured in here have the TASing Tools? Because I would REALLY like to update my PCSX2 version and come back to an "official" build! Laugh
Ah i was mistaken TAS barely didn't make it into 1.6 release, but it's available in 1.7 dev builds: https://pcsx2.net/download/development/dev-windows.html
PCSX2->game settings->enable input recording

It should be much improved over what you're using now.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-13-2021, 03:57 PM)Bositman Wrote: Ah i was mistaken TAS barely didn't make it into 1.6 release, but it's available in 1.7 dev builds: https://pcsx2.net/download/development/dev-windows.html
PCSX2->game settings->enable input recording

It should be much improved over what you're using now.

Thanks for the link, I've downloaded it and I'm giving it a try.
Is there a topic where I can leave my feedback about it?

Also, Jinpachi's problem I signaled it's the same even here, what else can be done to fix it?