[Bug report] Emulator recognizing controllers as keyboard
Hello.
A few months ago i started playing games on the PCSX2 with a generic PC controller and it worked just fine, but about a week ago i was playing a game and pressed Start and the game just closed instantly. I went to see the controls and realized that it was recognizing the Start button as the Esc key, in fact it was recognizing all controller buttons as keyboard keys, and as you guys know, the Esc key instantly closes the game, so this made it impossible for me to play anything.
I thought it was a problem with the controller, so i bought a new one, from another brand, but it had the same problem. It's also not a problem with the USB port, i already tried all of them and it was all the same.

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Do you have steam running
Code:
PCSX2 1.4.0-20160105132032- compiled on Jan  5 2016
Savestate version: 0x9a0b0000

Host Machine Init:
    Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (build 16299), 64-bit
    Physical RAM     =  8155 MB
    CPU name         =  Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3210 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
    CPU speed        =  3.191 ghz (4 logical threads)
    x86PType         =  Standard OEM
    x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 3d9ae3bf
    x86EFlags        =  28100000

x86 Features Detected:
    SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
    Binding   GS: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx.dll
Windows 10.0.16299
    Binding  PAD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\lilypad.dll
    Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\spu2-x.dll
    Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
    Binding  USB: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\USBnull.dll
    Binding   FW: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\FWnull.dll
    Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9693 games on record (loaded in 201ms)
    HotSwapping to new ISO src image!
(GameDB) Unloading...

Like this? Sorry, first time posting here.

(04-26-2019, 04:53 PM)vsub Wrote: Do you have steam running

You mean if it's open at the same time as PCSX2? Nope. But when it is open it recognizes the controller, is that the issue?
nothing in this.
what about vsub's question ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-26-2019, 05:03 PM)jesalvein Wrote: nothing in this.
what about vsub's question ?

I never open Steam and the emulator at the same time, but when Steam IS open, it recognizes my controller, idk if that's the issue.
Oh, but if the issue is that it's running, even when it's not open, then yes, Steam always starts running by itself as soon as i turn on the PC. But i installed Steam long before PCSX2 and this problem just started a few days ago.
Run Steam with the emulator. Use the controller settings to configure your controller in Steam. I just did this yesterday actually for a different reason. Then run the emulator with Steam running in the background.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(04-26-2019, 05:58 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: Run Steam with the emulator. Use the controller settings to configure your controller in Steam. I just did this yesterday actually for a different reason. Then run the emulator with Steam running in the background.

I have to open Steam and then open the emulator, let the two open at the same time, and then Steam's controllers settings will work on the emulator? Did i understand that correctly?
Edit: If it's that, it doesn't work. Just tried it.
While steam is working(I think even in background)it is executing Esc when you press start so make sure it is turned off
This question was asked many times and it was always because of steam
(04-26-2019, 06:49 PM)vsub Wrote: While steam is working(I think even in background)it is executing Esc when you press start so make sure it is turned off
This question was asked many times and it was always because of steam

Well, i just stopped Steam from running at the task manager, and now it seems like it solved the problem. It's a really weird solution and i have no idea how Steam caused that, but i also feel like an idiot for not trying this by myself lol. Thanks a lot everyone!