Bug report - MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: OPERATION SURMA (NTSC-U) ...
PCSX2 and computer information:

PCSX2 version: 1.4
BIOS (legal): 2.20 (6/20/05)
Settings: Default (preset: 2; MTVU *not* enabled)
Graphics: Software (no hardware acceleration)

CPU: Intel i7-2600k (stock)
RAM: 8 GB RAM
Mobo: GA-H67M-D2-B3 (Gigabyte)
Video card: AMD Radeon R7 370 (Gigabyte)
Video driver: Crimson Edition 15.12 (WHQL)

Problem:

Game starts out fine.  No graphic defects.  Plays fine.  However, after around 20 minutes, the game inexplicably freezes.

The problem was duplicated twice (successfully).  Both times occurred during different points in the first mission.

Do not ask me to troubleshoot the problem further; I have deleted the ISO and will not burn my legal DVD copy again.

I do not think that this could be the 4 GB RAM issue; PCSX2 1.4 should have gotten rid of it.  If not that, then what?

Thanks.

Sponsored links

(03-26-2016, 02:55 AM)Omnimaxus Wrote: Do not ask me to troubleshoot the problem further; I have deleted the ISO and will not burn my legal DVD copy again.

That could make resolving the problem more of an issue. Why would you not want to make an ISO again out of curiosity?

Very strange problem, what happens when it freezes? does everything completely lock up? does sound loop? do you get any errors in the console/log? If you could describe the issue in more detail that would be handy.

Thanks!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Hey - to answer your question, I'm just not that keen on the game anymore.

But I am willing to burn the ISO and give it another shot before being done with it for good.

I'll get around to this eventually at some point soon.  Thanks.
Follow-up:

Seems OK now.  Played through the first mission OK.  Started the 2nd (but did not finish) without any problems.

Odd.  I will keep the burned ISO, and report back if the issue persists.  Not sure what the cause could have been.  Thanks.