Bug with ZeroPad
I don't use this plugin(I use it because of GSnull)but when I try to configure it when I press some of the buttons to assign button to it pcsx2 crashes and when I try to run pcsx2 without configur it,literally almost all of my keyboard buttons are not working(F1-F12,Esc...).

On the ZeroPad it says r1214-Dev.

Maybe the problem is because it's the dev. version(I don't compile this plugin because I only use LilyPad)

Sponsored links

ZeroPad is pretty much broken as you can see from the comments arcum puts in the commits. It is unfinished and should not be used yet
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I only wanted to use it because of GSnull...if GSnull wasn't forcing me to use it then I wouldn't use it at all.Is there is other plugin that get along with GSnull?
No because GSnull is not ready yet either....
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Most of my interest in ZeroPad's been because it's the only plugin that Linux is able to use, so on all the various changes I've been making, I've just been making sure to fence off any shared code changes from Windows. This is easy, because, well, the two ports don't share that much code.

The Windows port of ZeroPad just utterly fails to work properly on my system, even going back to 0.9.5.

What really should happen to fix the Windows port is this:
a) All the code that isn't platform-specific in the Linux folder should be migrated to the main plugin folder.
b) And current Windows code should probably be wiped out, and new code written. I'm not sure the current code could be salvaged.

Trouble is, having only Visual C++ Express on the Windows side, which doesn't have a gui builder, I'm not that inclined to try to redo that side of the port from scratch. I'd be better off just coding a new pad plugin in wxwidgets, and borrowing some of zeropads code, if it came to that.

The Linux port, on the other hand, works decently, though it has room for improvement. The D-Pad doesn't work on some systems, for example. I've been reworking a buch of it partially so I understand it well enough to fix that up.

And GSnull is mainly a proof of concept right now. In Linux, it works decently with Zeropad, in that all the keypresses come through properly. Escape doesn't work yet, though, so you pretty much have to kill it with control-c.

The Windows side is tricker. I got it to sort of work with Lilypad, but it was erratic, and you had to play around with Lilypads settings a bunch. Trouble is that pad plugins expect you to pass them a window, and obviously GSnull doesn't have a window to pass, so it fudges things. If I get a chance, I'll work on it some more...

And I really ought to code the other plugin I was thinking of making one of these days - PADnull. A pad plugin that implemented a dead controller could have it's uses...
arcum42: You could just have GSnull create a dummy window. Either keep it hidden or just display a static image in it, preferably something bragging about how cool the plugin is or how many "FPS" it gets.
(05-21-2009, 03:20 PM)arcum42 Wrote: The Linux port, on the other hand, works decently, though it has room for improvement. The D-Pad doesn't work on some systems, for example. I've been reworking a buch of it partially so I understand it well enough to fix that up.

And I really ought to code the other plugin I was thinking of making one of these days - PADnull. A pad plugin that implemented a dead controller could have it's uses...

and so far so good Smile

yes, a padnull would have some uses, if it will work with every other pad. this will stop some annoying bugs with games like Tekken5 (it's more annoying than anything)
(05-21-2009, 05:25 PM)ChickenLiver Wrote: arcum42: You could just have GSnull create a dummy window. Either keep it hidden or just display a static image in it, preferably something bragging about how cool the plugin is or how many "FPS" it gets.

That's probably what I'll eventually do. I'm just not that familiar with Microsofts apis, so I've been putting it off...

Edit: That's been done now.