Build 1.5.0 and Last Raven: Frequent hanging on loads
To preface this, I want to say that Last Raven on 1.5 emulates wonderfully. Managed to beat the game no less than 6 times with no issue over the past week or so. However, that said a recent issue has apparently cropped a day or so ago where after loading a level once any subsequent load causes the program to become unresponsive and the video locks up, however the emulation is clearly continuing on in the background with out issue. This will happen several times before Pcsx outright crashes without an error message. Oddly enough, this also persists through the last 3 GIT builds available.

Below is a video showcasing this. Has my system specs and emulation settings at the end.

Not listed in the video is Speccy saying I have a generic i7 Cpu, should say 8700k, and the audio plugin window and its settings. 

I got nothing as to what could possibly be causing this. I've tried every variation of audio plugin settings, tried reading straight from my disk copy of the game and a rip of the iso from that disk plus another one found elseware. Tried playing it from each of my drives, all have the same issue. It's not existent in 1.4 but the game runs poorly in software mode in that release. So far with my testing I've only manage to have this happen with LR. Nexus and NB, both games that run on the same engine, do not have this issue. None of my hardware is overclocked either, and nothing hardware or software wise has changed over the past week, leaving me scratching my head as to what could cause this.

Edit: Attached emuLog.text Had to zip it due to file size

Anyone got any ideas?

Attached Files
.zip   emulog.zip (Size: 88,4 KB / Downloads: 101)

Sponsored links

Can you specify which was the last working build number, and the build number the issue popped up ?
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(09-28-2018, 02:02 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Can you specify which was the last working build number, and the build number the issue popped up ?

2568 and 2569
Ok, maybe I'll look into it later.
It doesn't make sense for 2568 to work but 2569 not, the changes were done on D3D and you're using OpenGL. Are you sure you didn't change any other emulation settings ?
(09-28-2018, 07:07 PM)lightningterror Wrote: It doesn't make sense for 2568 to work but 2569 not, the changes were done on D3D and you're using OpenGL. Are you sure you didn't change any other emulation settings ?

Positive. Only started making changes due to this issue cropping up. Also changed builds due to it, but it cropped up at a delay with 2568 and immediately in the next build. I'll start testing backwards for you, maybe find out which build it happens exactly.

Edit: Ah, I was mistaken with the build number. It was functional at 67 and started at 68. My mistake, I should have triple checked before posting.
Note 2568 is not downloadable, 2569 is which contains the changes.

Can you upload a blockdump and a savestate before the crash ?
Does SW.mode.work by any chance?
(09-28-2018, 08:45 PM)CK1 Wrote: Does SW.mode.work by any chance?

The video he posted shows SW mode. So the only recent change I can think of are Ref's changes.
(09-28-2018, 08:03 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Note 2568 is not downloadable, 2569 is which contains the changes.

Can you upload a blockdump and a savestate before the crash ?

Here you go. 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjnvy73f04bjny...g.zip?dl=0