Building a Computer for PCSX2
umm... why not just not worry about pcsx, get an i7 (they're the best out there, but not for this emulator) and get a second hand ps2 for like, 20 bucks?

Or at least wait until the emulator's finished.. it will speed up and be less glitchy as it goes along i'd imagine.

If you've got money to burn on frivolous things like this well then get a core 2.

Sponsored links

rex: In most situations a dual core will NOT be outperformed by a quad core unless... A: You're doing a lot of background work or B: Doing a lot of video editing. Most people just do not harness their computer in such a way.

That said, yes there have been some people who have joined the forums specifically stating they wanted a PC build around the emulator (and gaming in general) both of which benefit more from a higher clocked dual core, than a lower clocked quad.
[Image: 2748844.png]
...in fact yes, many ppl won't have any + from quad, but considering that everyone must move on, I think it's better to upgrade to one...
I do many work at same time, ...all that what you said, Audio/Video, 3D rendering etc. So my quad is nice in all that & it's kick ass in this emu too, as I said already somewhere, [email protected] vs [email protected] is big boost, 20%+ in this emu too... So I think it's OK for money that I spend on it...

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
The i5 auto OC's to 2.8GHZ when all 4 cores are in use. In the event that only 2 are in use, it jumps to 3.2GHZ. But I never seen it jump that high yet. I have to say that my previous build with an AMD Athlon x2 5000+ (OC to 3GHZ) is a bit outdated. I ran FFX on that old system and the intro would dip into 30-40fps. That is with my current GPU's and 8GB DDR2 ram (4-4-4-12 timings). I was also playing FFXII on it, and it would in places dip into 30-40FPS as well. However, with my new Core i5, the same places I am now getting full 60fps. Granted that was in native resolution. I'm sure if I increased the resolution, it would still be fine. keep in mind, this is with the i5 running at 2.8GHZ. I was going to get the AMD Phenom II setup, but now that the LGA1156 boards and cpus gotten a bit cheaper, I bit the bullet and picked up my new rig. I must say I have never been happier. Everything is fast and I have no issues.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |
In specific game like Tekken 5 and FFXII For my quad Cpu is running around 50-60%, these happen are very rare case due optimal process but on other games was under 50%.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.