Building a Computer for PCSX2
I'm currently thinking about upgrading my computer and using pcsx2 is an important of it. I'm not so much into overclocking, but I would do it a little bit...

So, here's my plan:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 boxed, 12MB, LGA775, 64bit @ 2.86ghz (Would oc it to 3~ghz)
Sparkle 9800GT 512MB passive, PCI-Express
2x 2048MB DDR2 Elixir PC6400/800, CL6

So... will this PC play most of the PS2 Games properly?

Sorry for my bad english, btw ._. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Well, your cpu can overclock to 3.2GHZ easily. In terms of CPU, you don't have any problems there. That gpu, 9800GT, it's really the same as a 8800GT. So if you plan on buying that, you might as well buy 8800GT for a lower price. Most games should run fine, except for the few gpu intensive games out there. (Like the Metal Gear Solid games)
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Uh, the 9800 is quite a bit better than the 8800.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
But the core clock, memory clock, # of stream processor, and even VRAM bandwidth are the same. The only difference is the architecture.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
the 9800 also has physx built in
[Image: 1454055.png]
If you're building a computer with the SOLE goal of getting PCSX2 to run most games full speed all of the time... You may end up disappointed. 3.5ghz+ should be where you are aiming and if you can't manage it in a quad core, a dual core would be better.

Your GPU is good, but in general the faster the processor the better it will be for PCSX2.
[Image: 2748844.png]
You can get a c2d E8600, it's 3.33ghz right off the bat without overclocking...a c2d or phenom II x2 with very high core clock is much more desirable in pcsx2 than quad core. Dunno how core i7/i5 performs in emulation though.
(09-16-2009, 08:45 AM)ChronicNL Wrote: the 9800 also has physx built in

So does the 8800gt Oo

The earlier 9800gt were exactly the same as 8800gt well but with tri-sli support, new ones are actually the new architecture and on stock speeds the new 9800gt is actually a little slower than 8800gt but should be able to get better overclock.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
hmm my bad then shadow lady

i thought built in physx was geforce 9+ only

anyways making a pc especially for just 1 piece of software is kinda stupid in my oppinion

why dont you go for an i5 750 instead? its pretty cheap and benchmarks show that it owns an i7 920 in many games (if both at stock speeds)

the page is in dutch but you should be able to understand the benchmark pics
http://tweakers.net/reviews/1379/5/intel...marks.html

it can be overclocked to 4GHZ just like the 920
[Image: 1454055.png]
(09-16-2009, 09:21 AM)mackoyski Wrote: You can get a c2d E8600, it's 3.33ghz right off the bat without overclocking...a c2d or phenom II x2 with very high core clock is much more desirable in pcsx2 than quad core. Dunno how core i7/i5 performs in emulation though.
The i7 would be the desirable choice. I do 100+ FPS during the entire FFX intro, and can maintain full speed in many games that were a bit slow on my old Core 2. Guitar Hero, etc.. Simply put, nothing gives more bang for the buck with PCSX2 than an i7 at this point in time. My old Core 2 took 17 seconds on the 1M SuperPI test, and 10 seconds on my i7, both were running at nearly the same clock speeds.
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.4 Ghz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM in Triple Channel | GeForce GTX 285
2.5 TB Hard Drive Space | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Official betatester of PCSX2