Building a new comp, want it to run pcsx2 at full speed
Hey guys. Soon, I'm going to be building a new computer with some help from my stepdad. The entire point for the computer is to run all my games, especially the ones my current laptop has problems with. Since PCSX2 is so demanding, I'm pretty sure that if I make sure the comp can play it, then it'll play all my games pretty well. I'm just wondering if you could give me some tips on what I have to do to be able to run PCSX2 as fast as a PS2 console, hardware wise. Then I should be set (at least till it goes obsolete and I have to replace it).

Sponsored links

A strong cpu is a must for pcsx2. If you are fine with oc'ing then you can get something like an FX6300. If you don't want to oc then something like my i5 4440 or a 4670k would be good. For a graphics card a GTX 760 should be good. For general gaming 8GB of RAM is fine. Get a quality power supply instead of some cheap Chinese junk. A decent case is always nice for good airflow and cable management. Get a quality hard drive like a WD Cavier Blue. Optical drives are cheap so don't worry too much about that. I would get a decent cooler like a CM Hyper 212 Evo.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
nobbs out lines a good setup if you are really tight on budget the amd APUs the high end ones will do decent with an added gpu crossfired
Windows 10
Intel 5930k 4.2ghz/core
32 GBs of 2400MHz DDR4
AMD PoweColor 390X (GPUs are expensive or this would be in crossfire)
(03-29-2014, 06:57 AM)Eiodalin Wrote: nobbs out lines a good setup if you are really tight on budget the amd APUs the high end ones will do decent with an added gpu crossfired

PCSX2 doesn't like multiple gpu setups. It's best to just use the more powerful graphics card it that case.
You'll definitely want a recent Intel CPU to ensure that you get the best possible performance. Look at the Haswell i3's and i5's and get whichever has the highest clockspeed of the bunch, so long as it fits in your budget.
(03-29-2014, 03:15 PM)NarooN Wrote: You'll definitely want a recent Intel CPU to ensure that you get the best possible performance. Look at the Haswell i3's and i5's and get whichever has the highest clockspeed of the bunch, so long as it fits in your budget.

I agree. I don't mean to come off like a ass, but my i5 4440 is tearing up almost every game out there. The only games I struggle on are Ratchet and Clank Going Commando, Jak 2, and Jak 3. All my other games run great.