Built new computer for PCSX2 - Need Help
Well, Shadow of the Colossus is just one of those games that isn't emulated very well. Lots of glitches and slowdowns, mostly because it used the PS2 itself in weird ways.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.

Sponsored links

I can play SotC at full speed during most of the game (native res) so it's really weird that you can't. If you're not, you can try using the VU Cycle Stealing speed hack, it helps A LOT with SotC and has no side effects at all.
Have you settled the problem with Vaan's height in hardware mode yet?
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
His height seems to be fine in DX10 Hardware mode with clamp modes to Full and Extra+Preserve Sign. But for slowdown and framerate drop, Im not far enough in the game to tell. When you try and reenter the city and they stop you for the Chocobos to walk in, it slowed down a little. It looks amazing though. MGS3 slows down a lot. And SOTC is unplayable at higher res. Im sure at native res externally and internally I could play it but it looks like *****. The whole idea for me is to play it better than on the PS2. So I may just have to play it on that. I read the threads here a lot and even asked before building this comp. Yes I could have gone the i7 route, but the E8500 at 4.0ghz seemed more than enough. Its just I see videos of people running these games higher than me with less, or so it seems.

FFXII in DX9 with no height problem I can tell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9ydnL8V-Ts&feature=fvw

This guy has SOTC running a year ago on a lesser box full speed -
Shadow of the Colossus @ 1440x900 -Intel Dual Core E2180 @ 3200Mhz -MSI P35 Neo -Corsair XMS2 6400C4 2 x 1024mb -MSI NX8800GT OC 512MB

PCSX 0.9.5 SVN 384 X3 (Disabled Forced ABS, EE/IOP Sync HAck (X2),EE/IOP Sync HAck (X3), Denormals are Zero)
-GSDX 1.8 SVN 752 SSSE3
-P.E.Op.S SPU2 1.9.0
-SSSPSX PAD 1.6.0
-Linuzappz ISO CDVD 0.7.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgyXToPKn...re=related

Maybe its all fake. I know you can capture video using a plugin and with will look full speed. Just not sure if these are legit.
[Image: FFXIIHIGHRES2.jpg]
From personal experience, using FRAPS, I doubt those videos are run at full speed during video capture. When I was capturing for FFX using FRAPS (which produces huge 4GB files for every 1:20-ish of video, so it's basically uncompressed and should take the least CPU usage), I had to set my FPS limit to around 45 FPS in order to record at a sustained speed, since it kept dipping below 50 FPS. Then, after I finish capturing, I used Cyberlink software to increase the speed to 1.2x (making it effectively around 54 FPS).

Without capturing, I never witnessed any dips below 60FPS, except for a couple scenes out of the entire game which lag on any computer (*cough* Mi'ihen highway).

Btw, for your FFXII, you only notice slowdowns entering cities, or ine a scene or two? Or are the slowdowns fairly constant? (FFXII is the only game I have out of those, and I'm pretty sure I didn't notice any slowdowns on my hardware, which is slightly less powerful than yours, though I didn't get too far into the game...)
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]