Bully ghost effect
On version 1.7.0 dev build 1922 bully has a weird ghosting effect on people and buildings in the distance also has poor framerate without any speed hacks these issues are not present in 1.6.0 the issue is also on all other dev builds ive tested since 1828 there issue probably exists on even more builds.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Care to post a screenshot ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-16-2021, 06:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Care to post a screenshot ?

Posted a shot i had to crop it because if the the 2.1mb upload limit but as you can see if you look closely at people you can see them twice and also its more obvious depending on the angle you look at them and buildings is more obvious if you set internal resolution higher than native you dont notice it as much at native internal resolution because of everything effectively being smoothed out by the blur you get from low resolution.
Go to Config->Graphical Settings, then tick "Enable HW Hacks" then click the "Advanced Settings and hacks" button next to it, then try some of the settings for "Half Pixel Offset", one of those should fix the offset.

The reason it's now appeared like this is because we removed the hack which removed it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

ive gotten it alot better but it still there but now instead i can see that visual quality is alot lower despite bieng rendered at 1440p same as my 1.6.0 build of the emulator         
because you decreased internal res, maybe ?
(10-18-2021, 07:15 AM)jesalvein Wrote: because you decreased internal res, maybe ?

No i haven't decreased it is the same but visually but the 1.7.0 build looks worse.
can you please post a comparison between 1.6 and 1.7 ?
I already did
ok. so, on your above post, the one on the left is using the dev build with half pixel offset and the right one is 1.6 without any particular setting, right ?
can you please post your 1.6 gsdx settings and your 1.7 gsdx settings, please ?