Burnout 2 running slow
Hi everyone!
I've just installed PCSX2 in my computer, and then ripped my own Burnout 2 CD to the computer.

The problem is, I can't play the game properly. Although I have fixed the weird lights already, the gameplay is still choppy, as the FPS doesn't match the 50/59 FPS at all.
I'm running the game in the latest beta version of the program - as it fixes the carsounds - and in PS2's default res, what doesn't seem to do anything, because it achieves the same speed as in my monitor's 1280x1024 res.

My main computer specs are:
*Intel Core2Quad Q6600
*nVidia GeForce 9600 GT
*4GB RAM
The specs aren't that bad so I can't run the game; I can run any app on top of the emulator. The computer is running Windows Vista SP2.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

if youre using the 0.9.9 beta you could try the MTVU speedhack under the speedhacks tab, see if that helps.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-02-2012, 08:24 PM)refraction Wrote: if youre using the 0.9.9 beta you could try the MTVU speedhack under the speedhacks tab, see if that helps.
Thanks for the tip, but nothing yet. Putting extra rendering threads on the GS seemed to make things better, but for a really small value.
What I noticed though is that the game stops lagging in cars like the SUV, the Pickup or the Coupé but when it comes to Compact or Driver's Ed it lags again.

And I can't still run it properly.
Umm...

Not sure but, have you tried "Native" resolution?

Edit: Misenderstood, you already tried that :s
[Image: PCSX2giorgakis132-2.png]

Thanks Silver112 for the sig! ^^

Deviant: http://giorgakis132.deviantart.com/

I love violins Tongue

(07-02-2012, 11:52 PM)PedroCst Wrote: Thanks for the tip, but nothing yet. Putting extra rendering threads on the GS seemed to make things better, but for a really small value.
What I noticed though is that the game stops lagging in cars like the SUV, the Pickup or the Coupé but when it comes to Compact or Driver's Ed it lags again.

And I can't still run it properly.

If rendering threads help, you are running gsdx in software mode which will be slower, change it to hardware mode and everything will be quick. If you put it in software mode yourself to fix the lights, the other solution is to put the VU Rounding mode to "Negative" (if not, positive, i forget Tongue)

umm... you mean "nearest"?
[Image: PCSX2giorgakis132-2.png]

Thanks Silver112 for the sig! ^^

Deviant: http://giorgakis132.deviantart.com/

I love violins Tongue

might be, i cant remember lol

(07-03-2012, 12:22 PM)refraction Wrote: If rendering threads help, you are running gsdx in software mode which will be slower, change it to hardware mode and everything will be quick. If you put it in software mode yourself to fix the lights, the other solution is to put the VU Rounding mode to "Negative" (if not, positive, i forget Tongue)
No, I'm running it in HW mode. And I had put VU Rounding in Negative already, because it fixes a problem in the game itself :\
if you are in hw mode, the rendering threads will have NO affect on performance, as they are software rendering threads.

(07-03-2012, 02:21 PM)refraction Wrote: if you are in hw mode, the rendering threads will have NO affect on performance, as they are software rendering threads.
Yup, I guess it was my mind tricking me :\
So what can I do? I mean, my computer is clearly powerful enough to run it without breaking a sweat!