Burnout 3
Hi everyone, I'm posting my request here since it's related to the current topic.

Here's my rig : i7-7700K, 16GB de RAM DDR4, RTX 2080. I've been fiddling to get the best performance out of Burnout 3 Takedown but my game framerate is being tanked each time I set blender accuracy to anything higher than basic no matter in 4k or 1080p. Do I need to overhaul my PC and get an i9-9900k to play the game properly? I set the renderer to Open GL for the better visual accuracy but I'm just being gobsmacked at how poorly my game performs. Is my CPU too weak for handling the graphics? https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/202...-50-83.jpg

Sponsored links

Drive637 Wrote:Hi everyone, I'm posting my request here since it's related to the current topic.

Here's my rig : i7-7700K, 16GB de RAM DDR4, RTX 2080. I've been fiddling to get the best performance out of Burnout 3 Takedown but my game framerate is being tanked each time I set blender accuracy to anything higher than basic no matter in 4k or 1080p. Do I need to overhaul my PC and get an i9-9900k to play the game properly? I set the renderer to Open GL for the better visual accuracy but I'm just being gobsmacked at how poorly my game performs. Is my CPU too weak for handling the graphics? https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/202...-50-83.jpg
Even for my pc specs, I can play burnout 3 at full speed at default setting, i
don't think your cpu is weak, just lower your setting. Emulators is more demanding than pc games.
(02-16-2020, 05:34 AM)sportster Wrote: Even for my pc specs, I can play burnout 3 at full speed at default setting, i
don't think your cpu is weak, just lower your setting. Emulators is more demanding than pc games.
Thanks a lot for the heads up, just another question though, is there any way to make Hardware renderer in Open GL (or DX) look as good as the software mode in terms of visual reflections (shining halo light for instance)? Even when blending is set to high or ultra just to test, there is no blur applied to light and they lack that halo/strain effect.
I can't answer to your question since I did not try other setting because the default setting work fine for me.
I ran this game on my previous cpu (i5 3570k) at full speed without issue so your cpu is definitely fine for this.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64