Burnout 3: Takedown (USA) - Speedhack Patch
Had no idea where to post this, so here it goes.

This patch works by disabling/lowering several graphical elements like motion blur and bloom. The idea was to end up with a patch that gave as much performance increase as possible without having to disable objects e.g. disabling foliage which, while that gave a pretty darn big boost, it makes the game look pretty bad, as you can imagine Tongue

A big advantage to this patch over doing stuff like dialing the skipdraw to 999 is that this also works in Software mode, where skipdraw cannot be used.

Here's some totally scientific performance numbers:

Without Patch: 32 FPS
With Patch: 53 FPS

That's with OpenGL Software on an i5-6400 on integrated graphics, idling with the Euro Circuit Racer at the start of Tropical Drive Eastbound.

Anyway, it's 4:35 am right now, so I am hitting the hay at 209 MPH. Any constructive feedback on the patch is highly appreciated Smile

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3AFeSV...sp=sharing

Sponsored links

(08-23-2017, 05:34 AM)UlsterRosé Wrote: Had no idea where to post this, so here it goes.

This patch works by disabling/lowering several graphical elements like motion blur and bloom. The idea was to end up with a patch that gave as much performance increase as possible without having to disable objects e.g. disabling foliage which, while that gave a pretty darn big boost, it makes the game look pretty bad, as you can imagine Tongue 

WOW........ GOOD JOB. (Work very well Laugh)

Burnout 3 - Takedown (K)(SLKA-25206)'s patch

.pnach   5F060991.pnach (Size: 698 bytes / Downloads: 1.533)

Burnout 3 - Takedown (J) (SLPM-65719)'s patch

.pnach   BB2E845F.pnach (Size: 698 bytes / Downloads: 1.171)
Good work UlsterRosé. It works in Playstation 2 patching SLUS_2010.50. BTW: In the patch the ID is SLES instead of SLUS. Its just a description, anyway.

Do you have any other code for this game, i'm curious about that vegetation code, or for other games.

PD: I like how rounded are the cars now. And landscape looks much better without the fog.

[Image: 2017-08-26_16-22-48.jpg]
@UlsterRosé Just FYI you didn't accidentally delete the thread, you edited the first post, which for some reason triggered the spam filter feature, which then marked your post waiting for approval by a moderator and hid it from public view. I approved all your posts.

Good job on this Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]
It would be nice to integrate it in "Project unification" it is a very good patch.
op do you still have a ink?
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go