Burnout Revenge (NTSC-U) (SLUS-21242)-bugs galore
Bug 1: EA Trax soundtracks slow down in tempo a little bit whenever 3D graphics kick in, starting with the car selector and while playing the game
Bug 2: People are complaining of dark skies on the net while playing Revenge on PCSX2. Guess what? I have rainbow skies! I'm feeling like I'm in Mario Kart -_-
Bug 3: Enabling Skipdraw hack does remove the rainbow sky (and replaces it with a dull cloudless monotone pale blue) but it removes the speed blur effect from the gameplay which looked pretty cool. I want speed blurs. SadSadSad
Bug 4: Sound effects like crashing into cars and gearshifts sounds really ugly like the famous THX intro being played slowly at the lowest octaves one can imagine. Add to that Bug 1 which amounts to the least pleasing audio experience.
Bug 5: 30 fps is liveable with in terms of gameplay, BUT I WANT MOAR PLZ

I know this issue ain't new to the PCSX2 forums, but nobody has complained of sound issues yet. Or the speed blur effect disappearing after enabling Skipdraw. Any help will be appreciated here.

Specs:
CPU: 3.4 GHz Core i3 4310 dual-core
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5450 assisted by 2 GB DDR3 graphics memory
RAM: 4 GB Corsair Vengeance
Audio: Realtek HD Audio

Sponsored links

bug 1 & bug 5 might be because of limited hardware resources from your side. try using software mode and ZeroGS plugin for bug 2& 3. need a screenshot of your audio plugin settings for bug4.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(06-01-2015, 01:14 PM)ssakash Wrote: bug 1 & bug 5 might be because of limited hardware resources from your side. try using software mode and ZeroGS plugin for bug 2& 3. need a screenshot of your audio plugin settings for bug4.

Bug 4 as well.

2 and 3 can be solved by starting the game in software mode (F9) then switching to hardware mode (F9 again) once you get in to the race.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-01-2015, 01:39 PM)refraction Wrote: Bug 4 as well.

2 and 3 can be solved by starting the game in software mode (F9) then switching to hardware mode (F9 again) once you get in to the race.

Isn't the rainbow issue caused by using SSE2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Not sure, maybe Tongue2

I recall that it was caused by using SSE2.

But that begs the question how can any SSE optimization change the way the plugin works o_O
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
It could be floating point precision causing it

(06-01-2015, 01:14 PM)ssakash Wrote: bug 1 & bug 5 might be because of limited hardware resources from your side. try using software mode and ZeroGS plugin for bug 2& 3. need a screenshot of your audio plugin settings for bug4.

Will test Revenge with ZeroGS, till then here's the SPU2-X config you asked for:

[Image: ipasF7a.jpg]
(06-01-2015, 01:14 PM)ssakash Wrote: try using software mode and ZeroGS plugin for bug 2& 3.

Umm...can't see software renderer option (or even the choice of a renderer at all) in ZeroGS.

ZeroGS is absolute crap compared to GSDx. Boots the PS2 Boot anim without hiccups, then the Loading bar you see when Burnout starts up flickers a lot and FPS goes 25, then suddenly FPS goes up to 59-60 and PCSX2 crashes.

I'm running Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64, with 25 Windows processes and about an average of 60 application processes running at the same time. How do I stop unnecessary services from hogging up resources-only for the time period PCSX2 is running? Please note no other program is open at all while I run PCSX2.
(06-01-2015, 01:10 PM)maygamer96 Wrote: Bug 2: People are complaining of dark skies on the net while playing Revenge on PCSX2. Guess what? I have rainbow skies! I'm feeling like I'm in Mario Kart -_-
Bug 3: Enabling Skipdraw hack does remove the rainbow sky (and replaces it with a dull cloudless monotone pale blue) but it removes the speed blur effect from the gameplay which looked pretty cool. I want speed blurs. SadSadSad

God knows what the heck I did to GSDx, I've lost the pale blue sky as well and now its completely black -_-