Burnout games 2 player - lighting bug fix.
Hey Guys, me and my friend figured out to fix for the Burnout games (It's been tested with Takedown and Dominator and it works on both of these games) it's not been tested on other Burnout games, but should work if it works with these ones. It's a simple fix, all's you need to do is turn down your Hardware to software, and then turn off all your interlacing. The game will look a little less sharp as Anti-aliasing has been turned off, but it should still run perfectly without any lighting bugs. The sky is also visible with this fix on the Take down game.

I've attached a picture below for anyone who may want to use this fix in order to play this game with their friends. I posted this here because it's giving help to other users with this problem. If it's not in the correct place, please get the mods to move it. Smile

Here is the image comparing the game before and after the change, I've also included an image of the changed graphics settings you would have to make. Thanks to my friend Jordan for finding this for me! He is a boss. Laugh

[Image: 5394c9.png]
INTEL i5 3570k @ 3.40Ghz | RADEON HD 7870 | 8GB RAM | 1TB Seagate HDD
GZ-Z77X-D3H 1155 | Corsair 40OW | Hyper 212 Evo AMD | Casecom k5 7688 | 8X 30CM 1X 120CM

Sponsored links

what's are your game CRC's.

We have a hack to remove the lines.

The sky is fixed by entering software mode before a race and once you're able to drive, switch back to hardware
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-16-2015, 07:12 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: what's are your game CRC's.

We have a hack to remove the lines.

The sky is fixed by entering software mode before a race and once you're able to drive, switch back to hardware
Can you explain to me what CRC'S are? I'm not too literate when it comes too configuring the emulator. My brother did the majority of it as he's been using it for a while. We were trying to fix the light bug and I read to put it in Software mode to potentially fix the problem. This didn't work.

So my friend (Jordan - The boss of all bosses) suggested removing the "Blur" so we turned interlacing off also and that seemed to have fixed the problem. However, when you're wanting to go back into single player you have to re-change the settings.

Could you give me an idea of and what hacks I'd need to use? And if I'd have to revert my changed graphics settings. Also, is there a point in reverting the game back to hardware mode form software mode apart from it looking much smoother? And also, I didn't know that you were able to edit the software/hardware modes whilst being in game.

Any help would be appreciated. Smile
GZ-Z77X-D3H 1155 | Corsair 40OW | Hyper 212 Evo AMD | Casecom k5 7688 | 8X 30CM 1X 120CM
(07-16-2015, 12:56 PM)MrKalius Wrote: Can you explain to me what CRC'S are? I'm not too literate when it comes too configuring the emulator. My brother did the majority of it as he's been using it for a while. We were trying to fix the light bug and I read to put it in Software mode to potentially fix the problem. This didn't work.

So my friend (Jordan - The boss of all bosses) suggested removing the "Blur" so we turned interlacing off also and that seemed to have fixed the problem. However, when you're wanting to go back into single player you have to re-change the settings.

Could you give me an idea of and what hacks I'd need to use? And if I'd have to revert my changed graphics settings. Also, is there a point in reverting the game back to hardware mode form software mode apart from it looking much smoother? And also, I didn't know that you were able to edit the software/hardware modes whilst being in game.

Any help would be appreciated. Smile
You can enter software mode while ingame by pressing F9.

Offtopic: why is your 3570k @ 2.7GHz?
(07-16-2015, 01:33 PM)Rassane Wrote: You can enter software mode while ingame by pressing F9.

Offtopic: why is your 3570k @ 2.7GHz?
Alright, gotcha. i can definitely use that as a quick switch when it comes to changing software modes in games such as these. Makes it simple, quick and effective. Thanks very much for this useful tid-bit.

...and my signature well, that was a simple mistake. I'm surprised I didn't notice it sooner, thanks. It's been like that for months and months! How could I have missed that?

I'll change the number to accurately represent my current processor. I've just checked it with CPUZ and it was indeed a Typo. Can't believe i missed it for so long lol. It's supposed to be 3.40Ghz not 2.7Ghz. Thanks for pointing that out!
You can select the CRC hack level on the configure panel of the HW hack.

Use full level for Dx or use openGL with partial level. Or maybe this version doesn't have any CRC.