Buy new PC/Notebook for Pcsx2?
Hello
I plan on buying a new PC in order to obtain mehor performance with PCSX2, but I prefer a notebook.
I do not want to spend more than £ 2000, which PC advise me?

Sponsored links

(12-27-2013, 01:31 AM)Dragonborn Wrote: Hello
I plan on buying a new PC in order to obtain mehor performance with PCSX2, but I prefer a notebook.

Do you require the whole package, including a monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, case and the such?
Or just the hardware which includes a motherboard, CPU, RAM, PSU, GPU etc?
Please specify if it's for a PC and whether you have existing parts you can use.
(12-27-2013, 01:31 AM)Dragonborn Wrote: Hello

Dont be buying a notebook if you want performance in PCSX2.
(12-27-2013, 02:06 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: Dont be buying a notebook if you want performance in PCSX2.

This.

£2000 will buy you a very nice desktop PC as well.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I disagree. Once you get above about $1500, notebooks start to be able to handle PCSX2. Since £2000 is 3283 USD... I'm pretty sure you could work something nice out.

Maybe start here: http://www.sagernotebook.com/
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-27-2013, 02:15 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I disagree. Once you get above about $1500, notebooks start to be able to handle PCSX2. Since £2000 is 3283 USD... I'm pretty sure you could work something nice out.

Maybe start here: http://www.sagernotebook.com/

and for that same price would have desktop that runs circles around that laptop.

I stand by my comment you want performance dont buy a notebook. If you want mobility over performance then sure.
(12-27-2013, 02:18 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: and for that same price would have desktop that runs circles around that laptop.

I stand by my comment you want performance dont buy a notebook. If you want mobility over performance then sure.

Well, yeah, sure, for that price I could build an insane desktop. But OP asked about a notebook, so I was assuming they had a specific reason to want a notebook.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I guess the point being made is that for that much money (which I wish I could ever have, heh) you can get a lot more bang for the buck.
If mobility is that much of an issue, how will you even play PS2 games on the go like that? Will you carry a PS2 controller with you as well? Tongue
Cause I'm amused if anyone's playing emulated games with a keyboard. Good way to develop carpel tunnel, heh.

I do these types of builds for people with more money than time, but I only work with desktops. Notebooks are far too many headaches and after-purchase tech hassles (OMG X DOES NOT WORK! WAAAA!) than it is worth. This is especially prevalent with the mobile video drivers.

Amusingly, I've had all my clients sign a waiver that absolves me of any current or future tech support responsibility if I determine that their issue is due to any pirated software.
So I've had more than a few kids with rich absentee parents asking for a $3k+ computer beastly build and then whine that it doesn't run X emulation so I ask em to bring it over, I hook it up and more often than not I find pirated stuff on there. Then they try to demand a refund (hah) and I tell them it doesn't work that way.

They're just lucky I don't report em for it. >_>
(12-27-2013, 04:18 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: I guess the point being made is that for that much money (which I wish I could ever have, heh) you can get a lot more bang for the buck.
If mobility is that much of an issue, how will you even play PS2 games on the go like that? Will you carry a PS2 controller with you as well? Tongue
Cause I'm amused if anyone's playing emulated games with a keyboard. Good way to develop carpel tunnel, heh.

I do these types of builds for people with more money than time, but I only work with desktops. Notebooks are far too many headaches and after-purchase tech hassles (OMG X DOES NOT WORK! WAAAA!) than it is worth. This is especially prevalent with the mobile video drivers.

Amusingly, I've had all my clients sign a waiver that absolves me of any current or future tech support responsibility if I determine that their issue is due to any pirated software.
So I've had more than a few kids with rich absentee parents asking for a $3k+ computer beastly build and then whine that it doesn't run X emulation so I ask em to bring it over, I hook it up and more often than not I find pirated stuff on there. Then they try to demand a refund (hah) and I tell them it doesn't work that way.

They're just lucky I don't report em for it. >_>

I play on all emulators with the keyboard. My fingers are fine Laugh
If I had a better laptop then I would carry that with my DS4
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]