Buying a new high end rig...thoughts?
The entire rig is completely done so please assume that I have to start from scratch
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit

Sponsored links

So, an i5 (with an aio or a dark rock pro from bequiet) + standard z97 mobo + 970/980 msi gaming + 8gb + an ssd on a 520w psu, it will be perfect.
Its weird you can even keep a single component, dunno wtf happend but you still have some really good hardware in your list.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
how about you try getting a cheaper PSU and get a SSD with the saved amount and some spare money. it would really help in booting and data transfer and data reading speeds Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
An i7 might be worth it for the toughest games, if hyper threading helps with software rendering.

(03-23-2015, 05:33 PM)ssakash Wrote: how about you try getting a cheaper PSU and get a SSD with the saved amount and some spare money. it would really help in booting and data transfer and data reading speeds Wink

Agreed. Hey, how many software threads can your i7 handle?
hmm, depends on the game. sometimes I will get better performance on 4+ threads but, there are also some games which have a decrease in FPS when on 4+ threads. normally, 4 threads is the sweet spot for me on most games.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction