Buying new Graphics card. Help!
Im thinking of buying a Nvidia GeForce 8800GT, is there anything you recommend that'll give me real fram rates, no lag? I have a 2.11 GHZ triple core processor and 3 gb ram. Which graphics card do u recommend thatll give me the best performance?

Sponsored links

(07-18-2009, 05:17 AM)MoBaT Wrote: Im thinking of buying a Nvidia GeForce 8800GT, is there anything you recommend that'll give me real fram rates, no lag? I have a 2.11 GHZ triple core processor and 3 gb ram. Which graphics card do u recommend thatll give me the best performance?
You can overclock your cpu to get better perfomance (up to 3.0),and yeah that graphics card should do,but if you want a really great one get a 9800gt
8800gt and 9800gt are basically the same Tongue

It should be enough tho just dont go overboard increasing internal resolution much, but as diegochiha said the CPU will still be bottlenecking you a bit unless you OC it anyway.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-18-2009, 05:33 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: 8800gt and 9800gt are basically the same Tongue

It should be enough tho just dont go overboard increasing internal resolution much, but as diegochiha said the CPU will still be bottlenecking you a bit unless you OC it anyway.

Im not familiar with over clocking, is there any tutorial on it?
(07-18-2009, 06:07 AM)MoBaT Wrote:
(07-18-2009, 05:33 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: 8800gt and 9800gt are basically the same Tongue

Im not familiar with over clocking, is there any tutorial on it?

Google is your friend...but be prepared to spend some money as well. Not a lot, but you're going to need a good cooler if you decide to overclock.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!