Buzz Hollywood Quiz freeze in dev build
Hello,

I am having some issues that appears to be a regression from some point in the 1.7 cycle, the game appears to freeze for a very long time between every question, music still plays but the game doesn't progress. Eventually it unstucks and asks the question and then it goes back to a minutes long freeze after you answer it.

This same issue does not happen when using the 1.6 build and I am able to continue playing beyond the point where it always freeze in 1.7.
  • Versions that I have tried that have the problem: v1.7.0-dev-1420-ga0dc71378, v1.7.2045-windows-x86.
  • For the sake of it I also tried multiple bios versions, none of them working.

For settings I tried a little bit with disabling all game hacks and changing renderer, but nothing of impact.

In case it helps here is a blockdump and the EmuLog file: https://mega.nz/folder/nJgmWRCT#UZCfXAt4K9GCEGrst0MaUg

Sponsored links

do you own another PS2 console ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well technically not anymore since they broke down, but I do own a functional PS2 alongside the game.
I don't believe the dump is bad given that it works in 1.6, though I will likely try re-dumping as well once I have a replacement disk drive.
Is the functional one the JP 1.00 model ?
Ehh... no that would be the wrong one.
Do I need to upload a new log file and a dump?
Dump the bios from your functional PS2 and use this one. Then try again
Thank you very much for the help.
Might take me some time to get this done, but I will update the thread as soon as I have tested.
Hi again,
I have now tested with my European bios and the same issue persists.
The game freezes in version 1.7 but is functional in 1.6.

I still have not had the chance to re-dump the game, in case that could be a cause, but will do in a week or so.
Using a BIOS file with PCSX2 which you have downloaded from the internet or from a PS2 console you do not own is illegal. You must own the console the BIOS file came from (even if it's broken) to be legal.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.