CAN'T PLAY FFX PAL ON PCSX-R
I installed Pcsx-r on my macbook pro 13'' and tried running FFX PAL ISO Image, but I get a "could not read cd" error message. I opened the ISO and tried running the IMG file but I get the same message. It doesn't work when I try running it by choosing the BIOS and CD option. Does anyone have any advice?

Sponsored links

pcsx-r is a PS1 emu.
I suggest you use pcsx2 instead
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-26-2011, 12:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: pcsx-r is a PS1 emu.
I suggest you use pcsx2 instead

Thank you for the reply, I got the pcsx two and installed it. I have a few questions on some problems I'm having with FFX and Shadow of colossus ISOs:
-FFX freezes when Sin attacks during first movie when Tidus plays Blitzball.
-I try closing the game but it doesn't respond and I have to force quit. When i try opening the iso again it says that the PS2 bios is missing, but all the bios files are there. I have to delete the bios folder in pcsx resources folder and paste a new bios folder.
-I tried using the ZZOgl pg graphic plugin to fix the graphics problem for FFX, but when i tried running the ISO it says it can't be found because the PS2 bios is missing (I fixed the graphics issue by choosing the "no logarithm" option on the default graphic plugin, but the arrow in the
menu screen is still missing (still happy that the graphics were fixed though)).
When I try running the shadow of colossus iso with the default graphics plugin with no logarithm checked and the new plugin with no logarithm checked, it still slows down in the intro.
The current PCSX2 mac is only developed by one person, so these types of bugs are normal. You can expect some slowdowns during cutscenes and intro videos.

also, try specifying a bios dir under the config every time you open pcsx2, that should fix the bios problem. It's a pain to do every time you open pcsx2 but that's how it goes.

For the FFX intro video, this is a common problem (a white screen appears and FFX freezes) and you need to get a savestate that gets you past this intro video, but then FFX works fine from there. You can search these forums for one of those.

when you're in a game, press the "esc" key, then click File>Exit from the pcsx2 menu. That's how you "safely" exit pcsx2.

That should get you started.
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
Thank you for the assistance, you're advice worked on the bios and the freezing. Is there a way to save in FFX at the beginning there aren't any spheres). Also for the SOC game is there a way to speed it up? I pressed start win the intro played and went straight into the game, but the gameplay is to slow.

-I also got the ICO iso, but it's in dvd video format somehow, and when I try to run it (through 'Run iso' and 'Run CD/DVD') the pcsx screen is black (but the fps are normal, like it's running the game). I tried converting to iso but the converted file did the same thing. Is there a way I can play it?

-Kingdom hearts seems ok except for the strange colours in the intro and the vertical lines, is there a way to fix it (I hope I'm not asking to many questions)?

13"Macbook pro
CPU: intel Core i5 2.3 GHz
Memory:4gb 1333 MHz DDR3
Software: Mac OSX 10.7.2
I think the slowdown problem for that game has shown up before, on this forum thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GRAPHIC-SPEED-ISSUES

Unfortunately, the mac port still has a long way to go so really the only way to speed things up would be to bootcamp your mac and get windows so you can use the windows pcsx2.

Not sure about the ICO problem, but for that I would suggest ripping your ps2 game directly in the original ISO format.

As for KH, that's a common problem, no fix but the game should work fine after that intro video. Just make sure you're using zzogl PG 0.1.0 (available on the pcsx2mac.net downloads page) and have "no log z" checked on the settings.

13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
Thanks, I checked the posts and the manuel, it seems to be for windows so I don't think I can get the specifications. I played around with the advanced settings, but it still didn't work, so bootcamp would be the best option. I've tried looking for the save spheres at the beginning of FFX, is it possible to save without them? I also tried setting the controller settings to allow me to use analogue for Kingdom hearts, but it didn't work, is there a way I can still play it?
Also, is there an .ecm extractor for the lion os? All the versions I could find only run on powerpc (that error message pops up for alot of programs)
Has anyone tried MGS snake eater and had it crash at the beginning, after the Cold war statement?
Is anyone there?