CDROM Plugin for MDS files
I'm trying to run a game but it's in mds format. I got it to work before by mounting it to a virtual drive and using some plugin I don't remember the name of, but I lost that plugin when I was trying to make sure all of my other plugins were updated. I redownloaded the newest version of the installer for the emulator and plugins, but it only includes the Linuz plugin, which doesn't seem to support running from a drive.

Can anyone link me to a plugin that will work?

Sponsored links

convert your game to .iso format.... thats the format that is supported by the emulator.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Well I asked on another forum when I ran into this problem, and they told me to just mount it instead of telling me how to convert it. What do I need to convert it then?
when i mean convert it i mean from the original game disc u have. use this one. http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Well, it's not a game disc. It's just an MDS file I downloaded. I did try using that program to make an ISO out of it, but it didn't seem to work that way.
yes cause isnt supposed to work that way.... and no more support for downloaded games from me.....
its not strange it doesnt work if its downloaded cause it maybe is corrupted or bits missing, thats why u must use an original disk...
Except that the game works just fine. I just lost the plugin that would run it mounted to a virtual drive.
mds is not image file type, so it is not the actual image.

Forum Rule Wrote:All users must accept and abide by the following rules when posting in these forums:

Warez talk is prohibited and frowned upon, to prevent legal issues. You may not post links or refer to any kind of BIOS, ROM, ISO, Game that has been illegally obtained or shared.
If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/announcement-1.html
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
Quote:Well, it's not a game disc. It's just an MDS file I downloaded.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64