* CDVD: Disk Type: No Disc.
(03-09-2016, 08:23 PM)vsub Wrote: Then sadly you have the same problem as me and since I didn't find a solution,the only way to play games is by making images and use the ISO Selector

Sad
Oh well... I guess I have to buy a portable hard drive to store these ISO games... thanks anyway, I hope the PCSX2 dev teams can sort this out. I know, this is a stupid question but I'm curious: On PS2 fat console, how come the boot screen takes more time, Slim takes some less time to boot. Why is this? Is it the disk drive that was slow? Sorry again, I know it's a stupid question but again I'm curious.

Sponsored links

My pc have 2TB hdd,128GB SSD and I also have 2TB external usb drive(which was kinda cheap...about the same price as the desktop one)
(03-09-2016, 08:28 PM)XxDemonK3LLERxX Wrote: Sad
Oh well... I guess I have to buy a portable hard drive to store these ISO games... thanks anyway, I hope the PCSX2 dev teams can sort this out. I know, this is a stupid question but I'm curious: On PS2 fat console, how come the boot screen takes more time, Slim takes some less time to boot. Why is this? Is it the disk drive that was slow? Sorry again, I know it's a stupid question but again I'm curious.
Can't you place your iso's straight to a disc and then use the iso selector? That way it doesn't load the DVD as a PS2 disc, but you don't need to save them on your hard drive.

Try deleting all your settings files(back them up to a different folder) from both PCSX2/inis and My Documents/PCSX2/inis, and do the same for memory cards so that you truly have a blank sheet. After that start PCSX2 and check that your selected plugins are the latest ones and not some from an older versions of PCSX2(post of a picture of your plugins menu if you're not sure). Then try loading the disc again.
Quote:Running the virtual disk drive (by Mounting the image file) using the cd/dvd plugin, full boot it or fast boot then change to the main physical disk drive will allow PCSX2 to actually detect the disk and will be playable until PCSX2 is re-launched.

I just tried that and strangely enough,that allowed me to run a game from the disk.

Start pcsx2,change from Gigahertz settings to the physical one and try to run Shadow Hearts 2 CD1 and after few lines in the log,bunch of TBL Miss appear and that was all

Start pcsx2,change from Gigahertz settings to the virtual drive=>run some random game that I mounted and that it works(not all of them work for some strange reason)=>after few seconds of loading,close the game window=>change the drive to the physical drive and use fast boot and that allowed the game to run...and every other game I try from the physical drive until I restart pcsx2

Even using Shutdown has no effect on restoring the "broken" effect,only after pcsx2 restart I start to get the same results until I do the above method
(03-09-2016, 09:54 PM)vsub Wrote: I just tried that and strangely enough,that allowed me to run a game from the disk.

Start pcsx2,change from Gigahertz settings to the physical one and try to run Shadow Hearts 2 CD1 and after few lines in the log,bunch of TBL Miss appear and that was all

Start pcsx2,change from Gigahertz settings to the virtual drive=>run some random game that I mounted and that it works(not all of them work for some strange reason)=>after few seconds of loading,close the game window=>change the drive to the physical drive and use fast boot and that allowed the game to run...and every other game I try from the physical drive until I restart pcsx2

Even using Shutdown has no effect on restoring the "broken" effect,only after pcsx2 restart I start to get the same results until I do the above method

Exactly what happens to me, do anyone this it's a bug or a plugin bug? You're like the another person that having this problem too...
EDIT: Well it seems like that quote/workaround stopped working for me, today I launched PCSX2 up, did what the quote (I originally posted) said but it doesn't work at all... it still say CDVD: Disk Type: No Disk.
(03-09-2016, 09:50 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Can't you place your iso's straight to a disc and then use the iso selector? That way it doesn't load the DVD as a PS2 disc, but you don't need to save them on your hard drive.

Try deleting all your settings files(back them up to a different folder) from both PCSX2/inis and My Documents/PCSX2/inis, and do the same for memory cards so that you truly have a blank sheet. After that start PCSX2 and check that your selected plugins are the latest ones and not some from an older versions of PCSX2(post of a picture of your plugins menu if you're not sure). Then try loading the disc again.

Sorry for double posting, did that but still nothing but now the workaround I tried to use does not work any more, just launched PCSX2, tried the solution but still the problem still persist.

I attached the screenshot of the plugin menu just in case I have outdated plugins.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well I think it really is the plugin fault(gigarertz)
If I use the CDVD plugin from Gabest(I just remember that there are other CDVD plugins),then all games work fine but the problem is,the plugin is really old and I don't know how reliable it is compared to gigahertz(when it works)

XxDemonK3LLERxX at the end of the first post here,there is an CDVD plugin...try it(make sure to select your physical drive)
(03-10-2016, 10:06 PM)vsub Wrote: Well I think it really is the plugin fault(gigarertz)
If I use the CDVD plugin from Gabest(I just remember that there are other CDVD plugins),then all games work fine but the problem is,the plugin is really old and I don't know how reliable it is compared to gigahertz(when it works)

XxDemonK3LLERxX at the end of the first post here,there is an CDVD plugin...try it(make sure to select your physical drive)

Thanks Smile, I'll try it and edit the post if anything happens.
EDIT: That worked! I mean I don't even need to mount anything and try that mounted image then try out the physical disk... this is like a miracle! +positive rep added for vsub!
But keep in mind that this is really old plugin and you may encounter problems and as Gabest said,it will not work with dual layer games(god of war,gran turismo 4,xenosaga 1,rogue galaxy and so on)
(03-10-2016, 10:14 PM)vsub Wrote: But keep in mind that this is really old plugin and you may encounter problems and as Gabest said,it will not work with dual layer games(god of war,gran turismo 4,xenosaga 1,rogue galaxy and so on)

Oh well... but at least you helped me work single layer disc games!