CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x00209711
So I've been using PCSX2 for quite some time now and haven't had too many problems. I have noticed that most of my problems are in tales of games. I was playing Tales of Destiny DC before without any problems a few months back. I stopped playing after a few minutes, but now after having restarted it I can't seem to get past a certain point. It's after the first cutscene when Stahn falls into the water and then the opening fmv, after waking up at Woodrow's house and stepping outside. When there becomes a forced skit not sure what happens because at that point nothing happens. No one shows up for the skit and then the sound cuts off. When I skip the skit it goes to the tutorial about upgrading swordians and at that point when it opens up the menu nothing shows up. When I check the log it tells me that I have a CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x00209711 twice and after that nothing can be done because it's a tutorial of course.

Other than that the game runs smooth so any help would be appreciated please and thank you. I'm running this off a mac mini and while most games run with no problems this one seems to only at this section so far.

Sponsored links

You running directly off the disc? Try and make an ISO and use that.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Ah sorry I am using an ISO. Which is confusing since I shouldn't get the error unless I was using a disc.
You can still get the error with an ISO. It could mean the ISO itself has a read error, when it was read from the DVD. Try making a new ISO.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
You make a good point I didn't even think of that. Thanks I will try that.
Is this a Tales of game? Are you using any undub patches or any modifications to the game? Please try playing that part from the disk and see if the issue changes.
It's working now, thanks for your help Blyss Sarania.

It is a tales of game, and I was able to get past both the skit and the tutorial. Very minor shaking now, but I believe it was due to a change in interlacing.
You can tap F5 to change interlacing modes Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Not sure if the following is approps or not, but I've managed my problem with PCSX2 emulator. Pretty much an update and that is all. So I've gotten pretty far into the game with no problems aside from being unable to watch the FMVs, but going in I already knew that wouldn't be possible. Youtube didn't have it, but you can view all the scenes from the ISO using VLC player and the MOV.BIN albeit without sound. Granted I am more than certain people already knew that, haha. Oh if this isn't an appropriate post I can delete it just let me know.
The FMV all play fine here. Why shouldn't they?