CDVD plugins all crash in Win 7 64-bit
I can boot if I select Gigaherz's CDVD plugin and set it to no disc. However, if I set it to my virtual drive (created by deamon tools), PCSX2 crashes. All the other standard cd/dvd plugins also crash the program.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 and PCSX2 r1736.

Everything works fine with PCSX2 0.9.6.

I feel as if I may have misconfigured something...

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give me!

-Valzi

Sponsored links

try another prog for the iso dont use demon tools here try this:
try only with the iso, i dont use virtuals drives, i read that they dont work always with pcsx2

o/
Why? Daemontools is obviously working since the stable version of PCSX2 works fine with it.

Anyway, I took your advice and tried it with the Gizmo ISO mounter. Same problem.

LCISOCreator does not load. I think it might not run on Win 7 x64.
(09-13-2009, 12:09 AM)ecchiless Wrote: try only with the iso, i dont use virtuals drives, i read that they dont work always with pcsx2

o/

As I said, I have the same error with all cd/dvd plugins, meaning I have already tried your idea. Thanks though.
(09-12-2009, 11:20 PM)coder_fx Wrote: try another prog for the iso dont use demon tools here try this:

I downloaded a newer version of this program from their site. It does not even mount ISO files, so the whole idea of using it is ridiculous.
don't mount the iso, run it directly with either linuziso as your cdvd plugin or with "file->run iso". pcsx2 doesn't like mounted isos sometimes. use the gigaherz and peops cdvd plugins to run your games from their original discs. and use imgburn to rip your isos, it runs fine on vista x64, so it should work on win7 x64, too.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
This is what happens when trying to us linuziso:

---------------------------
CDVDiso Msg
Error loading F:\isos\ps2\Persona 4.iso

OK
hmm strang that may help

note if it does not work that means that you iso is made incorrectly

Attached Files
.7z   CDVDolio.7z (Size: 86,02 KB / Downloads: 244)
you are starting pcsx2 with "right click->run as admin" from a folder with full access rights like "my documents"? there is no other task running, that accesses this iso file? is the game starting correctly with the disc in your optical drive and gigaherz or peops as cdvd plugin?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(09-13-2009, 12:40 AM)zero29 Wrote: you are starting pcsx2 with "right click->run as admin" from a folder with full access rights like "my documents"? there is no other task running, that accesses this iso file?

Yes.

Quote:is the game starting correctly with the disc in your optical drive and gigaherz or peops as cdvd plugin?

I left my physical DVDs at my parents house in another state, because ISOs have always worked fine before.
(09-13-2009, 12:30 AM)coder_fx Wrote: hmm strang that may help

note if it does not work that means that you iso is made incorrectly

The iso works fine in another version of PCSX2. That means the ISO is a good copy.
use another plugins/posted