CDVDGHZ not loading images or game not booting
(01-25-2018, 06:45 PM)FlatOut Wrote: The issue is with  Daemon Tools, not PCSX2. But until it's fixed you can still keep using the latest PCSX2, you just need to copy the old CDVDGigaHertz plugin to the latest PCSX2 version. Wink

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why the {Fu "Expletive removed" en He "Expletive removed" ll} did I not think of that.
This way I can actually use newer versions of PCSX2 and use the older plugin of CDVDGhz which does work with mounted images....hmmm.... now I must go find that old version, argghhh but ok I'll try. This is risky since as the emulator gets updated, but I keep copying over the old CDVDGHZ plugin, I can foresee some kind of trainsmash later on. Like buying a new car but transferring your old brakepads to your new car! Heh... Rolleyes

I guess this should fix it, lemme try it and I will come back and report. Hopefully I am not the only one with this problem, and also it could be sorted out, I usually read all the cangelogs on EMUCR where I download my emulator from, and I should pick it up.

And {Bloo "Expletive removed" ammit} I now actually remebered that this problem started exactly when one of the changelogs mentioned something about CD/DVD sector reading length. Hmm this needs more investigation....

P.S.: It isn't Daemon tools which is the problem. The reason I say that is because Daemon Tools and Alcohol both work fine with the older version of PCSX2, the version of about  month ago.

Sponsored links

SO basically "Turtelli" on Page 2 Post #4 was correct: (About the CD sector partWink

The problem where my Alcohol and Daemon tools stopped working only on PCSX2 was with the following update.

Here is the link:
*removed*

Here is the log in that link:
PCSX2 Git Changelog:
* cdvdgigaherz: Always read 2352 bytes from CD sectors
* cdvdgigaherz: Detect CD track mode correctly

All PCSX versions after this update on 24 November 2017 has stopped working with my Virtual Drives.
I am going to try to copy the old CDVDGHZ version just before this update to my emulator and store it, overriding all new updates until I can see a fix.

I would be grateful if anybody can suggest a better software application than Alcohol and Daemon tools. I believe these two are the best available in the world, and are also compatible with each other's images.

Hell I might be wrong. Please advise a better virtual drive software.

I will come back if I have any more issues, by Monday 1 Feb 2018 if I havent come back then it means I used the old file correctly, and I will patiently wait for updates to this post and for any advice.

So aaaanyway I still think it is the plugin........
(01-21-2018, 02:21 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Did you try using older PCSX2 versions(v1.4.0, older v1.5.0 builds)? If this is due to something changing in PCSX2 recently you should be able to track down which update triggered it.

I found the update which triggered it:

Here is the link for the emulator on EMUCR and the date:
*snip*

PCSX2 Git Changelog:
* cdvdgigaherz: Always read 2352 bytes from CD sectors
* cdvdgigaherz: Detect CD track mode correctly

PCSX2 Git (2017/11/24)
Bugs with unofficial builds are none of our concern.
Ask EmuCR for support
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I have fixed my problem as above, I also see I am not the only one with the same problem. I am going to check with the Daemon tools forum to see if it is really their program causing the problem.

Thank you for all your support guys (And gals if any).
(01-25-2018, 09:56 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Bugs with unofficial builds are none of our concern.
Ask EmuCR for support

Naaah, i think EmuCR actually just hosts the downloads, they do not support the plugind for the downloads, just like how you guys do not support Git builds.

I will rather ask the guys at the PCS2 GitHub, i think they should offer more support on the plugin's side.

I do apologise.

Oh, and uhh sorry for talking about the unofficial builds, i got some warnings from u guys (67% orange colour), it is totally my fault, i never read forum rules. Too many forums and such.
We do support our git builds, though... Just not someone else's mirror that can be tampered with.
(02-02-2018, 07:33 PM)Peter Steele Wrote: Naaah, i think EmuCR actually just hosts the downloads, they do not support the plugind for the downloads,
That's YOUR thought.
Again, none of our concern.
Quote:just like how you guys do not support Git builds.
as said above, we do support builds from our website (Git source compiled by orphis buildbot)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go