CEmu full speed , and PCSX2 not?
Okay guys, I don't know if I am doing something wrong or not but here are my specs :
I7-4790 3.6 Ghz
R9 280 OC WindForce 3X 3GB DDR5 384-bit
8GB Ram
And probably something else does not matter.

I am playing super mario 3d world on full speed (constant 60fps), and when I play Ratchet and Clank in the city stage (3rd level) it lags. What is this???
Note that i am turning speed hacks on and it does play full speed but it drops to 30fps instead of a fluid fps which is some kind of framskip. Are my pc specs are low???  Angry

Sponsored links

no, you specs are good.
dunno if you're aware that cemu isn't a PS2 emulator, though...

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-15-2017, 09:45 AM)jesalvein Wrote: no, you specs are good.
dunno if you're aware that cemu isn't a PS2 emulator, though...

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Here are my settings
[Image: NICi3kc.jpg]
[Image: QT1vMs5.jpg]
[Image: mtkLt2N.jpg]

Also I know Cemu isn't a PS2 emu but it just shows that my pc can play wii U games with 60 fps. It's just weird that i still get slowdowns on this one.
One thing users need to remember: games on the Wii U run under an operating system and that subjects them to a lot of restrictions that can make them easier to emulate.

It's absolutely possible that reasonably accurate Wii U emulation will end up faster than reasonable accurate Wii/PS2/GC emulation.

Also, you're picking a notoriously complex PS2 game vs a pretty bland Wii U title.
I play wii and gc titles with 60 fps too. Metroid prime included. SMG also included. I also play sonic colors with 60 fps hack activated which mean i'm getting double speed on that emulator (120 fps!!!). And I really don't think that Ratchet and Clank is worse in terms of graphics than Sonic Colors. If I can run THAT why am I not running this?

Also why does this game demand a lot? I played a bit more right now , and it does slow down when there are more enemies on the screen.
(03-15-2017, 10:53 AM)gabisenk Wrote: I play wii and gc titles with 60 fps too. Metroid prime included. SMG also included. I also play sonic colors with 60 fps hack activated which mean i'm getting double speed on that emulator (120 fps!!!). And I really don't think that Ratchet and Clank is worse in terms of graphics than Sonic Colors. If I can run THAT why am I not running this?

Also why does this game demand a lot? I played a bit more right now , and it does slow down when there are more enemies on the screen.

please don't compare different emulators.
It's a mere nonsense.
While pcsx2 is heavily cpu dependant, Dolphin is more GPU depndant due to the similarities between a wii/GC GPU and a PC GPU.
A PS2 does have a completely different and even more complex architecture than a wii/GC or Wii-U.

Thus the comparison is completely irrelevant.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
R&C is hard for PCSX2 to emulate. There is nothing you can do but wait for further optimizations.
Oh i forgot the version pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1929-g4227a5b-windows-x86

(03-15-2017, 10:59 AM)rama Wrote: R&C is hard for PCSX2 to emulate. There is nothing you can do but wait for further optimizations.

I'll try to understand. But i'm still sad to see it can't run solid 60 fps.
Try using Direct3D11 instead of 9 (which you should be using anyway), try the "allow 8 bit texture" option, also under hw hacks try the fast invalidation hack, see if that helps a bit.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-15-2017, 11:41 AM)refraction Wrote: Try using Direct3D11 instead of 9 (which you should be using anyway), try the "allow 8 bit texture" option, also under hw hacks try the fast invalidation hack, see if that helps a bit.

Where can i find that option?