CEmu full speed , and PCSX2 not?
I'm afraid it won't help. By the way are we sure the speed issue is GS related and not the VU side.

Mipmap emulation requires to upload more texture to the GPU. It is quite costly for the driver. Even if DX AMD driver is good, I'm not sure it is good enough.

As a side note, 4x is quite heavy. Even if you're GPU can handle it, it will lag behind your CPU. If the emulation hit a sync point, it need to flush your GPU which could be slow.

Sponsored links

(03-15-2017, 12:20 PM)gabisenk Wrote: Where can i find that option?

It's in the gsdx (GS plugin) settings, the fast invalidation option would be under "hw hacks" but you have to make sure you also enable the hw hacks.

(03-15-2017, 12:23 PM)gregory Wrote: I'm afraid it won't help. By the way are we sure the speed issue is GS related and not the VU side.slow.

I said GSDX tweaks, it may not be night and day difference, but it might help, plus it can't be doing him any good using dx9 which is horrible anyway.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-15-2017, 03:27 PM)refraction Wrote: I said GSDX tweaks, it may not be night and day difference, but it might help, plus it can't be doing him any good using dx9 which is horrible anyway.

Actually it was more a general question. If I remember correctly, the game is quite heavy on VU side too.
It is a bit, but nowhere near as much as the GS was slowing it down, it actually runs really well now on a decent machine.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-15-2017, 10:53 AM)gabisenk Wrote: I play wii and gc titles with 60 fps too. Metroid prime included. SMG also included. I also play sonic colors with 60 fps hack activated which mean i'm getting double speed on that emulator (120 fps!!!). And I really don't think that Ratchet and Clank is worse in terms of graphics than Sonic Colors. If I can run THAT why am I not running this?

Also why does this game demand a lot? I played a bit more right now , and it does slow down when there are more enemies on the screen.

Because a PS2 works very differently from a Wii, and most importantly a pc.

You can't just compare how games look, because the emulator isn't just replicating graphics. It's simulating how the hardware works.
#StopRNG
(03-15-2017, 07:44 PM)dogen Wrote: Because a PS2 works very differently from a Wii, and most importantly a pc.

You can't just compare how games look, because the emulator isn't just replicating graphics. It's simulating how the hardware works
 Isn't any way for the emulation to be easier on the hardware? The requirements are simply too high. I haven't got the best pc out there but it's still a good pc and there are more people out there who want to play ps2 games with higher resolution and whatnot. Hopefully they'll optimise the emulator in time.There are so many ps2 games out there to be played.
Get a time machine and ask Sony to implement universal standard Wink

I think the SW renderer could be optimized. Like I did for the HW renderer, we could skip some texture layers. But it will be very hard to improve the HW renderer.