CPU exception during play in FFX
Hi,

I would like to thank anyone in advance for their help.
When playing FFX right before the first fight with sin near the end of the game when you get the dramatic close up of Tidus's face right before it turns to sin I get an error in the console and the Screen stays black while the music plays and the game never moves forward.
The error is exactly as follows:
cpuTlbMiss 15c9f0, 1c9eb3d7, addr: 2968fd0, status=70030c11, code=c
cpuException: Status.EXL = 1 cause 24

I would post my pics of my plugins but I'm not so sure how to take a screen shot and post it. My graphics plugin is: gsdx 872m (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.12. I have NLOOP checked and grayed. I'm using native resolution alpha correction and texture filtering. everything else on the graphics plugin i didnt touch.
Sound Plugin is SPU2ghz Playground 1.9.0.
P.E.Op.S. CDVD (CDDA mod)1.3.0. with no added options just the W2K/XP -IOCTL scsi commands as the interface.
cpu options just
EERec - EE//IOP
VU0rec
VU1rec

I took MTGS off becuase i read that FFX sometimes has issues with that but i still get that error. I loaded from a save sphere 2 not from a state.
I'm really at a loss here. If anyone can help it would be appriciated.

Thanks

Sponsored links

Err Forgot my pc specs
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40ghz
2.5gb of ddr2 800 ram
nvidea 9800gtx
windows xp proffesional sp3
PC specs are mildly useful.
Plugin versions and specs are moderately useful.
PCSX2's version and specs are critically useful. <---fail.

What version of Pcsx2 are you using, and is it the VM or VTLB build. Smile
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
My pc specs are the second post and I'm using TLB becuase I heard ffx had problems with VM. I would have posted screenshots of my plugin configs but im not quite sure how. and lastly the version is 1.0.0395 playground.
I'm not quite sure how to take the screenshots. I can post them no prob.
(01-20-2009, 06:26 AM)jrlemieux Wrote: and lastly the version is 1.0.0395 playground.

Thank you! About time! You only failed on that part in your original post. In case you didn't notice, you already gave me PC specs and plugin specs on said first post, so I'm not sure why you thought I was implying you did not.

Anyways --> please try one of the newer betas on our beta topic, posted here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2731.html

Namely, the newest one.

The crash you get by the way is a very curious one. It's a level 2 kernel exception and those like almost never happen. I'd love to know if th problem persists in more recent versions of Pcsx2 Pg.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
I've gotten this exception in a few different crashes that always seem to happen at certain areas. It seems that sometimes its posted and sometimes nothing is posted. Which makes me wonder if anything was really fixed, or is the exception reporting not happening for another reason. Plus, I'm starting to suspect my hardware is guilty of being flakey. I ran it on the newest beta -609- and it locks up in the same spot but does not print any exception or error.
Windows XP Professional sp3
Intel® Core™2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz
2.5GB of ram @ DDR 800 PC(6400)
Nvidea 9800 GX2
250GB 7600RPM HD
I love my computer *hugs the computer*
If the game locks try switching to software mode of rendering and then switch back after getting to a save point. See if that helps if not tell us.
Death Notebook - (Killer Notebooks)
X9000 OC Dual 3.0 : GeForce 8800M GTX : 4 GB OCZ Ram
Nothing.
Windows XP Professional sp3
Intel® Core™2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz
2.5GB of ram @ DDR 800 PC(6400)
Nvidea 9800 GX2
250GB 7600RPM HD
I love my computer *hugs the computer*