CPU generation compatibility
Does PCSX2 need special config to run on haswell 4xxx series MQ/MX (not HQ) CPUs?

I'm looking at a 4700MQ and a 4930MX to buy in the future, wondering if there are issues similar to the skylake CPUs.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

nope.
pcsx2 perfroms very well on Haswell
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I am not exactly up2date but the intel iGPU's differ a lot with respect to OpenGL support. If you don't plan to use a dedicated gpu you should probably prefer newer generations. (intel gpu driver support seems to suck)

So far only the 6700K and 6700 were confirmed to show the skylake performance bug btw.
(04-20-2016, 11:45 AM)willkuer Wrote: I am not exactly up2date but the intel iGPU's differ a lot with respect to OpenGL support. If you don't plan to use a dedicated gpu you should probably prefer newer generations. (intel gpu driver support seems to suck)
Both of those CPU's iGPU have an IntelĀ® HD Graphics 4600, which probably suffer from the seperate shader objects bug on OpenGL as my i5 4600 iGPU and AMD GPU.
@FlatOut
Just to be sure. Is the bug "fixed" if you set accurate blending to last level. And it would be nice if you can test the program on https://community.amd.com/thread/194895
Normally there is a windows build. Normally it must render a green window.
(04-20-2016, 02:26 PM)gregory Wrote: @FlatOut
Just to be sure. Is the bug "fixed" if you set accurate blending to last level. And it would be nice if you can test the program on https://community.amd.com/thread/194895
Normally there is a windows build. Normally it must render a green window.
Yes, the bug disappears at highest(ultra) BUA setting on both AMD and Intel GPU's.
Is there any way to select the intel iGPU for that program?
no. I don't know. It is a good point. I guess we need someone with an Intel only GPU.
I can probably run it on my intel GPU Tongue I have that and my 980Ti enabled in windows
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

You must be sure that Intel runtime opengl will be selected (maybe unplug the GPU). But if we can confirm the bug, it will be easy for them to fix the bug
(04-20-2016, 11:45 AM)willkuer Wrote: I am not exactly up2date but the intel iGPU's differ a lot with respect to OpenGL support. If you don't plan to use a dedicated gpu you should probably prefer newer generations. (intel gpu driver support seems to suck)

So far only the 6700K and 6700 were confirmed to show the skylake performance bug btw.

I don't have the ability to run an iGPU on the laptop I'm looking at.

Why does skylake perform poorly with pcsx2?