CPU generation compatibility
I think if you have a intel cpu you always get as well an integrated GPU/iGPU. Did you mean you can not run a dedicated GPU/dGPU and are limited to an iGPU?

Some skylake i7 seem to perform bad doing some calculations. Probably it is somehow related to multithreading and thus bad for sw rendering using extra rendering threads. We don't know much. However if you compile the same source with visualstudio 2013 instead of 2015 the problem is resolved.

Sponsored links

Quote:Why does skylake perform poorly with pcsx2?
You ought to ask this question to MS or Intel Wink
(04-20-2016, 05:09 PM)willkuer Wrote: I think if you have a intel cpu you always get as well an integrated GPU/iGPU. Did you mean you can not run a dedicated GPU/dGPU and are limited to an iGPU?

Some skylake i7 seem to perform bad doing some calculations. Probably it is somehow related to multithreading and thus bad for sw rendering using extra rendering threads. We don't know much. However if you compile the same source with visualstudio 2013 instead of 2015 the problem is resolved.

According to forum research, it's not possible to switch to iGFX.

PEG/dedicated mode = usable with GTX 9xxM series with proper drivers, switching to iGFX/fully integrated will break your windows7/8/10 (uefi gpt) drivers and possibly need bios reset + reinstall of graphics driver to fix.

Dunno though, I'll test the FN+F5 functionality once I get my hands on the system.

(04-20-2016, 05:23 PM)gregory Wrote: You ought to ask this question to MS or Intel Wink

Because sony paid them to gimp pcsx2 performance to make people buy ps2 remakes on ps4? *tin foil hat*
W10 1809 LTSC
SCP  DS3 + DS4
My 6700K seems to do fine with PCSX2

I remember there was a benchmark piece of software for PCSX2 performance a while back is that still around? I'de throw it up to see what the result is if anyone is interested.
(04-20-2016, 06:47 PM)bomblord Wrote: My 6700K seems to do fine with PCSX2

I remember there was a benchmark piece of software for PCSX2 performance a while back is that still around? I'de throw it up to see what the result is if anyone is interested.

Here you go http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2

One big problem tho. The version used is made with 2013 while the issue with skylake stems from using a vs2015 version so you won't see any slowdowns using the benchmark we have.
(04-20-2016, 08:36 PM)Topken Wrote: Here you go http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2

One big problem tho. The version used is made with 2013 while the issue with skylake stems from using a vs2015 version so you won't see any slowdowns using the benchmark we have.

Oh lol guess there would be no reason to run it then
VS2013?? In 2010? I don't think so Tongue

We were more likely using VS 2008 when we released that version.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Lol but yeah the problem only seems to exist only with vs 2015 so yeah older versions don't seem to have any problems
@bomblord can you please check any game in sw mode with 0/1/2/3/4/... ERT and note down performance(fps/ee%/gs%) and pcsx2 cpu usage in the taskbar? Ideally can you do the same disabling hyperthreading?
So it's recommended you use 1.5.0 for skylake cpu?
W10 1809 LTSC
SCP  DS3 + DS4