Poll: Does your GS setting stop you running any SSE modes?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
50.00%
3 50.00%
NO
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

CPU not recognised
I seem to be missing out on performance with pcsx, specs:

PCSXv: 0.9.7

Athlon 2 4X Propus 640
6GB DDR3 (inc GFX)
GForce 9800 GT

Performance is very choppy on almost every game, and the GS plugins say i cant run in SSE3 or SSE4 modes, yet clearly my CPU supports both what do i do?

All help appreciated.

Sponsored links

AMD SSE3 and SSE4a ISN'T supported by PCSX2. >.> PCSX2 supports SSSE3 and SSE4.1 - different things with similar names. Nothing's broken. Also it doesn't really affect fps soo much like you imagine.
first of all use the latest version. 0.9.8.

nothing wrong with your CPU. and NO. it does not support SSSE3 and SSE4.1 or 4.2. it does support SSE4a which is not used for GSDX. you have to use the SSE2 variant of it.

next is: questions: what's your pcsx2 and plugin settings?? have you tried speed hacks?
Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMD has to date not implemented the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets on any of their CPUs.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.
(09-12-2011, 02:03 PM)rama Wrote: Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMD has to date not implemented the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets on any of their CPUs.

Rly? if u(not u rama Tongue) rly "read" u can miss the extra "S", and the fact that is 4.1 and not 4.a or what ever, i have an amd and i never dream in run SSSE3 or SSE4.1 cause my cpu doesnt have it xD, btw any the ppl(include myself) rly read the stickys? there u have all the info that u need to start with the emu, but still the ppl ask the same question over and over @_@
(09-12-2011, 02:03 PM)rama Wrote: Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.

SSSE3 is supported on Brazos
Why isn't there more votes for "YES" in the poll...?
It does stop you from using any SSE set. Tongue
Well that's strange Rama, cause with CPU-Z it tells that my Phenom II X4 980 BE Has SSE 4.1 Smile though it still won't work with the plugin Smile
(09-13-2011, 04:39 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: Well that's strange Rama, cause with CPU-Z it tells that my Phenom II X4 980 BE Has SSE 4.1 Smile though it still won't work with the plugin Smile

no it doesn't.

[Image: stock.jpg]
Smile 
A is 10 in hex so maybe he read it as 410.