CPU showing wrong usage
Okay I've turned off CnQ in the BIOS, it didn't help at all. Seems like it's not something I can fix, more like something that has to be changed in either GSdx or PCSX2 code.

PS. Thanks for the tip pcsx2fan.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB

Sponsored links

(08-10-2009, 04:23 PM)Larfin_Man Wrote: @zero29
I had a feeling it was AMD related, but that's not based on anything 'cos i don't have any in depth knowledge of this stuff. What exactly is "Cool'n'quiet"? I guess I'll google and check it out.

BTW, am I wrong in thinking this is GSdx related? I figured since it's the GSdx plugin showing the usage at the top, that would mean GSdx is what calculates that percentage.

i'm quite sure that pcsx2 calculates this cpu usage of gsdx shown in the title bar, gsdx as a plugin "only" processes the data it gets from pcsx2 and returns it. could be that cool'n'quiet is not the only problem with the proper detection of amds. you might try a newer svn build of pcsx2 than the latest official 1474, because i'm also quite sure that this is a known issue with some amd cpus, perhaps there already is a workaround or fix for it. and in the end it seems to be only a cosmetic problem, right? Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I have no idea how to compile source code, and I'm sure i don't have software that can compile anyway... I can wait for the next beta release, or stable release (whatever's next) but like you said, it's not a big deal anyway, just a minor problem I noticed.
I'll send a link for you to my lastest build, (only SLIGHTLY modified for a bug in the code, assisted by rama)
Just an update, I've tried svn build 1611 from Saiki (thanks Saiki) and that didn't solve the problem.
Looks like it's something with your PC, haven't seen anyone else with that kind of a problem...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
what game is that? (I'll see if it spikes anything like that on MY pc, or my bro's AMD/nvidia)
The screenshot in Post #1? That would be Dragon Quest 8.
Just so you know though, the percentage is wildly inaccurate no matter which game I play, PCSX2 version I use or GSdx version I use.
what if you play something intense, like smckdown Vs Raw (any)? still show the same kind of usage?
why did nobody link to this? this should sort your issue out, it is an old problem and disabling cool & quiet rarely resolved it.

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dynamicD...9dc646342f&ItemID=153
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]