CPU usage drops to nearly 0%
bad psu can cause bad performance and issues and black outs normally , do you encounter these..
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

He's talking about the power brick for the laptop, not it's PSU. But yes it seems to be the issue.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I have been experiencing some poor performance in a few of my PC games (and of course pcsx2 as I mentioned). Forgive me, but when you say my psu, do you mean my power cable? I'm not to bright when it comes to computer hardware. Smile
S.sakash was talking about the PSU in the laptop itself, which encompasses the charging unit and the circuitry to provide voltage to lower power things.

I was talking about the power brick you mentioned earlier.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I see, could you recommend which I should change first? should I purchase an new power brick first? or maybe a new psu?
(10-28-2014, 06:02 PM)paranoidtie Wrote: I see, could you recommend which I should change first? should I purchase an new power brick first? or maybe a new psu?

The first thing to do would be to test whether it actually has an issue before you go buy a new pattery block for nothing.
He already said it had an issue: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-usage...#pid410073

You really can't change the PSU in a laptop, especially without being a professional.

You can replace the power cord but you need to determine if that's the issue or not.

What is this "battery warning" you spoke of?
If I click on my battery icon there is a waning saying "there is an issue with your battery, so your computer might shut down suddenly" and at the top it says "100% charged consider getting a new battery". I have ignored this warning as I rarely use my laptop without being plugged in.
Here are some things to try:

Pull your battery, and see if your computer runs with it out.

Get a multimeter and test the voltage output on the power brick. Test on the plug that plugs into the laptop, and compare your results with what is printed on the power brick.

How long have you had this laptop? It sounds to me like the battery is just reaching it's end of life stage.

Edit: I googled that message, and read a lot of people have GAMING issues when they have it...
My laptop works without my battery, and the issue persists. However, last night I noticed my power brick making a quiet ticking sound, so I'm convinced it must be a faulty power brick/cable. Unfortunately I don't have a multimeter at hand so I cannot test my voltage. I'm going to purchase a new power cable and pray that it sorts this issue. I'll post my results after it arrives.