CPU usage in pcsx2
once again, great work with v0.9.6, it's awesome, thanks guys. Smile

just a quick question...from what i understand, pcsx2 only uses a maximum of 2 cores. i'm using a quad-core myself, so my cpu monitor software in windows is showing roughly 50% (give or take a little) while in-game (makes sense so far).

here's the bit i don't fully understand -> i'm not exactly sure what's going on with the cpu usage in the title bar on the main pcsx2 window.

- it doesn't represent overall CPU usage (all software), otherwise it would match my CPU monitor or the windows task manager CPU monitor. for example, when pcsx2 is at 75%, windows is at 50% - when pcsx2 is at 1%, windows is at 25%, etc
- so, if it doesn't reflect this, perhaps it reflects CPU usage for just 2 cores? this doesn't seem to be the case either. if it was, i would imagine when my CPU monitor shows 50%, pcsx2 would show 100%.
- for some reason, during visually complicated scenes where "fps" drops down significantly, the CPU usage in pcsx2 only hits say 75% or so. shouldn't it be at 100% to try and make up for the slow down?

if someone could explain to me exactly what's going on, that'd be sweet. thanks a lot for your help folks. Smile

Sponsored links

It is core load of GS plugin thread, that obtained from OS. You should ignore this number, if you are not aware of modern OS structure.
hey man - no, i'm not up to date with how it all works, but i'm curious. could you explain it to me if it's not too much trouble, or show me where i can read about it?
the cpu usage that is shown in pcsx2 is the amount that the graphics plugin uses Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja