CPU
Better choice would be next year i5, with base clocks over 3 GHz and 2+2 cores.

Sponsored links

i5 650 These are dual core not quad ^^'...

So the best choice is the i5 as it is dual core at 3.2 GHz for PCSX2?

But I understand that GSDX plugin using the quad core ... knowing that I want a reso 1650 * 1080 for my games (60 FPS constant, no fps drop during such KH2 1000 heartless, or land nabreus in FFXII (all the skull that attack at the same time ... )

The i5 would have 200 mhz less than the 965, yet it is more efficient? ...
GSdx can use quad core only on software renderer mode, that means no higher resolution.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Ah, so it's just when it is DX11 software, so with a ati 5770 for you?

no significant adverse effect?

So has SSE4 hand, there is no difference between AMD and Intel equivalent frequency?
You set the number of SW rendering threads in any DX version Software mode. And DX11 currently doesn't give any extra performance compared to DX10 and is experimental at this point, so don't use it.

Software mode is usually more compatible and more accurately renders things, but is usually slower than Hardware mode, which uses hardware acceleration of the graphics card, unless you have a very fast CPU and slow graphics card.

Even without SSE4.1, Intel CPUs of the same generation will perform better clock for clock against the equivalent AMD CPU.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
But it would have marked the point in PCSX2 and Dolphin? Because for the rest I do not care a bit ... Knowing that the PC game more GPU dependent than CPU ...
Up

So a 5770 is more than adequate despite its memory bus of 128 bits for PCSX2?

When the CPU someone really test the i5? : /
(10-25-2009, 04:56 PM)AtiorNvidia Wrote: So a 5770 is more than adequate despite its memory bus of 128 bits for PCSX2?

You cant just look at the bus width, yeah it's only 128bit but it also has a high memory clock rate and it is GDDR5 memory, so in theory it has more bandwidth than a 4850 with GDDR3, lower clock and 256bit width for example.
I wonder from where the hell poeple got the opinion that 128bit memory bus is bad and that decides about card performance ...
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
It used to long ago when cards were very similar with only DDR or GDDR2 at best (which didnt really improve things) and clock rates were low enough to make the bus width the only big impact in bandwidth, now however there's many things that affect the bandwidth so it's just one factor. Not to mention games/cards nowadays rely a lot more on shader power as before so memory bandwidth differences dont impact as much as it used to.