CRC Hack doesn't Work
(01-17-2019, 08:20 AM)Red_Tv Wrote: 1. I dont know how to add crc hack
ask the devs on Github
Quote:2. pcsx2 encourge you to use wide screen hack by including Cheast WS in the download file + the videos on the youtube Channel of pcsx2 are showing widescreen hack
nope.
it's possible to use them, they actually exist, but we don't say : "hey go use widescreen patches, you won't get any problem" because we all know it's wrong.
It's more a "use at your own risk" stance.

Quote:I am not asking from the developers to do hack supports just to make the crc hack to work with every CRC code that is possible

How can we do this ?
Quote:But if I made a hack and i cant use some of pcsx2 tool that a problem that should be fixed
true. time for you to fix it, then.
Quote:Emulators were created in order to preserve games and if someone want to add HD texture, progressive scan, game fixes for bugs, 21:9 asspect ratio in order  to preserve a game than he shouldn't give up on another tool to preserve the game like crc hack
that's your opinion.
pcsx2's main goal is accuracy, and all the HD textures/Widescreen patches/progressive scan "hacks" are optional.
we don't focus on it.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(01-16-2019, 09:34 PM)pandubz Wrote: Progressive scan and widescreen "hacks" are better called "patches". Yes, they are still hacks in nature, but to avoid confusion it is best to refer to them this way.

Removing CRC hacks is a primary objective right now and no one has any intention of adding any new ones. Realistically, the goal is to have absolutely zero, but that is wishful thinking. We would rather solve the problems causing bad effects than just mask the effects out with CRC hacks.

If a CRC hack is the only solution to a bad progressive scan patch, then the issue should really be redirected to the patch author. That indicates that something in the patch is conflicting with whatever effect that CRC hack is masking out.

Edit: And I too am against adding romhacks to the list of game CRCs. With versioning this will be an absolute nightmare to keep up with. Unmodified, original games are simple enough because they're consistently the same CRC hash, but every single iteration of a romhack will be a unique CRC, nevermind changes per game region, and if a user modifies the romhack before applying it. I  , be much more in favor of a function for a user to manually apply, or "spoof", if you will, the CRC, when a romhack is detected (or the CRC is 00000000).

I edit the game files in order to get progressive scan so it's hack
I am fine with the idea of pcsx2 removing CRC hacks I just want a tool to remove "bad effects" that will work with every game
I dont want a supports for my hacks because that is understandable for the developers not to supports it
(01-17-2019, 08:32 AM)jesalvein Wrote: ask the devs on Github
nope.
it's possible to use them, they actually exist, but we don't say : "hey go use widescreen patches, you won't get any problem" because we all know it's wrong.
It's more a "use at your own risk" stance.

How can we do this ?
true. time for you to fix it, then.
that's your opinion.
pcsx2's main goal is accuracy, and all the HD textures/Widescreen patches/progressive scan "hacks" are optional.
we don't focus on it.

By adding any crc code comibnation that can be exsiet to the list, in fact when i get home i will create a full list
But i didn't cause the problem i will get the same result if i use the original game and choose crc hack level:none 
all i ask for is that the ability to remove "bad effects" will be applied for every game not just some specific
also if all the point of pcsx2 is accuarty than why do we have crc hack to begin with?
Quote:all i ask for is that the ability to remove "bad effects" will be applied for every game not just some specific
also if all the point of pcsx2 is accuarty than why do we have crc hack to begin with?
to help a few games being "playable" until we find a real in-depth solution.
the problem is this kind of hack cannot be enabled for all games since it'll help for some, but will break others.
as i said, it's a "hack" and cannot be considered as a definitive and viable solution for pcsx2.
just see it as a "temporary fix" to make a few games playable. improving a "temporary fix" isn't the way to go if we aim at accuracy
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-17-2019, 09:09 AM)jesalvein Wrote: to help a few games being "playable" until we find a real in-depth solution.
the problem is this kind of hack cannot be enabled for all games since it'll help for some, but will break others.
as i said, it's a "hack" and cannot be considered as a definitive and viable solution for pcsx2.
just see it as a "temporary fix" to make a few games playable. improving a "temporary fix" isn't the way to go if we aim at accuracy

okay, now i see your point and i agree with you i just hope that when pcsx2 will come out with non "temporary fix" it will be applied for all games not just some specific