Calling all Translators! PCSX2 GUI is ready for translation!
Edit by bositman:

You can post your translation applications for both the GUI and the guide in this thread:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Program-a...plications

Thanks Smile
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

A small note, when you submit your translation, write a small paragraph (it can be just explaining your translation, how easy you found to do etc, just make something up Tongue) just so we can see that you have a good understanding of the english language as well as your own. Consider it a sort of "QA" process so we know we are getting accurate translations.

thanks!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-02-2010, 10:36 AM)Air Wrote: Questions and comments can be posted here.

Question: where's the pot file? Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Update: POT file links have been completed and corrected. Reload the wiki pages for details. POT files can be found in the GoogleCode downloads section here:

https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/downloads/

(12-02-2010, 11:41 AM)refraction Wrote: A small note, when you submit your translation, write a small paragraph (it can be just explaining your translation, how easy you found to do etc, just make something up Tongue) just so we can see that you have a good understanding of the english language as well as your own. Consider it a sort of "QA" process so we know we are getting accurate translations.

Very good idea! Thanks for that.
Unlike 0.9.6, the 0.9.7 doesn't allow you switch among different languages through a Menu Entry called Language. Which is especially useful switching between English and your First Language, if you are not sure what the exact meaning of a translated word.

Why not restore the Menu Entry of Language Selection to 0.9.7?
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
Also no one do the german translation please. I spent all afternoon on it yesterday. It's done Tongue2
(12-03-2010, 12:55 PM)rama Wrote: Also no one do the german translation please. I spent all afternoon on it yesterday. It's done Tongue2

Well I've just seen your post but obviously too late... Uploaded my translation few hours ago... uhm sorryBlush
mine isn't perfect so yours should be the preferred one. I did mine just for funBiggrin I don't care!
Good this is finally implemented! Now i have to change a LOT of things in my guide translation because i wrote it as if there is no translation in the menus. I'll do the program GUI translation and then update my guide. That way my guide can be more "readable" by a Portuguese (European) non advanced guy =p
Not much to say here Ninja
(12-03-2010, 04:25 AM)pcsx2fan Wrote: Unlike 0.9.6, the 0.9.7 doesn't allow you switch among different languages through a Menu Entry called Language. Which is especially useful switching between English and your First Language, if you are not sure what the exact meaning of a translated word.

Why not restore the Menu Entry of Language Selection to 0.9.7?

I'll work it in somewheres.
In the GUI Translation, zh_TW represents Chinese, Chinese (Traditional) and Chinese (Taiwan) at the same time, according to http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Supp...t#B_thru_D. This makes people confused which one is supposed to choose.

I suppose zh_TW should only represent Chinese (Traditional) in International Regulation, in contrast to Chinese (Simplified).

It shows different incarnations of zh_TW when choosing a language in First Time Configuration Wizard. Also you can ONLY select a language between OS Default(here is Chinese (Taiwan) a incarnation of zh_TW) and English, there ought to be a list of all available languages to pick.
[Image: incarnations_of_zh_TW.png]
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W